Beat This! - July 13-14, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
This is just me when don't smoke weed.
Ha, im on withdrawal too. Glad i got that rug rolled up, taped up and when i feel fuck up, these hands be thrown up.

Sparring Mike Tyson GIF by DAZN

OGBama

Big Clit Energy

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
Congrats, my brothers @Mahlhavoc @Armani we made it.

I never know if to feel justified or like I played myself when the one I vote for finishes above me.
Yeah, I voted for that fuck too... was a dope beat defo caught that weed vibe. Good shit @Armani .

Grats on the win and good shit from the discord crew!! Ill give a lil breakdown of some after a bit.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Fade's "I Can't Believe It's Not Weed" Review:

@Anthouse Beats - I really like the vibe of this one. Maybe a bit too on the hype side for being weeded out. The right side chopping was okay but a bit too much.

@A.R. DASUPASTAR - I can see someone freaking out to this one. I think maybe just remove that snippet you have on the right. The main sample clashes with the bass and is more noticeable with those keys that come in on the left.

@Armani - Super smooth, very spacey, perfect for being stoned. What I like about this is the tempo fits just right. Guitar is a nice touch, blends in so well with the bass.

@Asaph Music - A bit too uptempo for a weed beat, but it's still a good beat. Horns could be chilled a bit. Drums sound good but I think the pattern with that hat gives it more of that uptempo vibe.

@crog85 - Really good fit for the theme. I can picture this playing in a room with just a red light or something like that. Or a strip club. Do those exist anymore?

@DPrezd Beggar - Fun vibe on this one. This has a nice weed feel to this one, like you're stoned and are trying to get up to answer the door but it's just not happening and then other crazy things happen.

@DrA - Very smooth. Bass and kick are tight. I like the melody, perfect for getting high.

@DROOGUHR - A bit hype for weed, but a good beat. That crazy bass is a good match for the melody. It's just that loud hat/cymbal that's throwing me off.

@Face Valid - Good melody and the drums go so well with it. This reminds me of some 90s stuff like from the Bush Babees. Remember them? Very chill.

@Fury Beats - Finally someone samples Friday! I really like the sample you have, I just feel you can do a lot more with it. I would say keep it then add a proper bass and drum track. The drums on the right make it seem off somewhat.

@guitardep - Very chill for getting high. It's funny because this is a beat that I don't think even needs drums really, maybe just a kick and 808 here and there.

@GuttaTennekey - Horns are really good. Vibes are a nice touch. I like the mood of the beat, just expecting a snare but it's fine without. I think maybe choose another bass. It's hard to get a good bass for higher notes though.

@InsideOutBeats - That bassline sounds like some Cypress Hill stuff! Drum pattern could be a bit tighter especially since the bass is carrying most of the beat. But it all sounds good with the snippets on top of everything.

@Iron Keys - Good West Coast vibe. Most West Coast beats are good for smoking actually. The vocoder is a nice touch. Vibe of the beat is really good. Good job on the little sounds here and there like the lighting up and coughing.

@K-Reez Da Chill - Very smooth. The drums go well with the melody but could be a bit louder in the mix, as well as the bass. I think the whole beat is really good, just the mix needs to be livelier.

@Mahlhavoc - I didn't expect a West Coast vibe from you but it's really good. The drum pattern's a bit too busy for getting high but still dope. I like the parts where the keys just trail off and there's no bass, just to give the beat a bit more breathing room.

@ozwarlegacy - Dope strings. Drums hit nicely. I thought there was another part coming in, I didn't expect it to repeat like that. But it sounds good, just need some more to it.

@Pcs shorty - A bit hype for weed. I would have kept the main loop and build around that rather than chopping it so much. The other part where you change it up is good, I would use that without drums on it and make it the hook.

@SHADOWMAN - Nice intro. I think this is good for weed, it's just the mix threw me off since you have the drums right and music left. I want to hear more of that music (guitar?) in stereo with the drums. That would sound much better.

@Tarboosh Record - This one is really interesting because it's so minimal yet effective. It reminds me of OGC first album. Drums go well with that bass and the horn fits perfectly.

@TWU - This was my favorite of the bunch. Good melody, drums and bass fit well, and some vocal snippets here and there. I just wanted to hear a part where the vocals are taken out to leave room for the music for a bit.

@Vossi Beats - Nice intro. The melody and vocal parts are really good and the bass is a good fit. I like the breakdown parts, well done. I know the drums sound good over this all chill, but I would love to hear the drums smack a bit more to brighten up the mix slightly.

@YannFer - A bit hype for weed. Good beat though. Drums and bass are tight, good use of your mix space. Melody is dope, I like the random synth sounds.

@Zagl0 - Since the intro is long I would have put some stoner talking over it. Bassline is good. The lead synth is okay, just as long as you build on it like you did, I wouldn't use it as a lead necessarily but you made it work. The other synth that comes in later is a good fit, maybe change the bassline a bit at that part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online