Beat This! - July 14-15, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah mate was starting to bogged down just sampling and nothing else fucking kills ya don't it
so started fucking about with some other stuff learning a bit of scoring trailers mainly I kind of missed it (battles)
is memento still on here regular ?
Ayo I told u that shit when I was like 15. I suppose no one takes ya seriously when ur a little dumbass. even when ur right. smh...
I haven't seen memento much recently. he prolly busy yellin at local otolaryngologists n shit.

Battle Points: 153
Shooting Pew Pew GIF by BrownSugarApp

got my vote in! one of these beats is way too similar to KRSs 'A Friend'...ill say no more!
i know people will feel differently-but i'm of the oppinion we should drop the vocals allowed feature.
Anyway-some excellent work in there! Well done everyone-i'll get my ass in gear to enter the next couple

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
got my vote in! one of these beats is way too similar to KRSs 'A Friend'...ill say no more!
i know people will feel differently-but i'm of the oppinion we should drop the vocals allowed feature.
Anyway-some excellent work in there! Well done everyone-i'll get my ass in gear to enter the next couple
I can understand that, but at the same time, it adds another demension to making a beat if you have the proper rolls, breaks, bridges etc to make the beat match the lyrics correctly and on time.

It is not as easy as just plopping down an acapella as some people do. So I keep that in mind as well when voting. Is the rhyme on time, are the breaks matching and does the beat actually match the vocals?

So while some do not like it, I do. Can I actually see this as something that would get radio play? Would it smash in a club or bar? Would I bump it in my Caddy? It iadds more if you look at it in this light in my opinion.

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
i guess so-maybe in that case have it as mandatory/compulsory as opposed to optional?
Maybe. Or maybe make it even harder with a specific acapella to be made into a beat? I dunno, I dont mind it how it is as we all have the same opportunities when vocals are an option.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
i guess so-maybe in that case have it as mandatory/compulsory as opposed to optional?

I'll be honest, sometimes I see the 'vocal track YES' and I'm like ahh fuck sake, but...

I think it's good, because often in the battles there are beats that completely slap, but they sound like they need a vocal. And so kinda often go a bit underappreciated.

I contemplated your mandatory suggestion but changed my mind... simply because, if you don't want to chuck your instrumental up, then just don't. But if you do, you still have a chance of winning/placing. 'cause some people maybe ruin their submissions with poor vocal choices.

...and also, exactly as Mahly Mahl said, it's about all those elements and nuances too; I think when it's vox:YES the battle can transform from merely a "beat battle" to a "Producer Battle".

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online