Beat This! - July 15-16, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

iheardasong

Battle Points: 1
@Iron Keys @YannFer @crog85 Thank you guys so much for the positive feedback!:)
I have been interested in music production for a couple years now but as soon as I tried creating something I always became frustrated and gave up.. This beat is actually the first one that I finished and hearing that you liked it really gives me some confidence and motivation to make more which is very valuable to me since I am very self critical.

I voted for @YannFer . The way you chopped up the sample and used it in a new way that fits perfectly with the rest of the mix while at the same time keeping it recognizable was impressive. Also ending the beat unexpectedly on the words "your time's up" was pretty clever. These things make it my favorite entry.

I also especially enjoyed the entries by @2GooD Productions , @Iron Keys , @Jansoulo, @Jim B and @skidflow

@crudeking I liked the claps in your beat too! I wasn't too crazy about the vocals in the first half but I really like the section from 1:06 onward, especially when the sample drops out and we're left with only the drums and the claps. And the flute thing that enters afterwards is super tasteful and adds a lot of character. Definitely a solid entry, keep it up :up2::cool:

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Battle Points: 815
This beat is actually the first one that I finished and hearing that you liked it really gives me some confidence and motivation to make more which is very valuable to me since I am very self critical.
Wow! First one, really??? Couldve fooled me... Sounded really good with the chords u put on top of the sample... As for the confidence/self criticism, I suffer from that as well. Sometimes its really hard to “finish” beats bc I lose interest, or im just overly critical of what ive created, but these battles definitely help with that... They almost “force” me to finish the beats and also give the confidence to be “ok” with the finished product... so Keep it up! :biggrin:

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Wow! First one, really??? Couldve fooled me... Sounded really good with the chords u put on top of the sample... As for the confidence/self criticism, I suffer from that as well. Sometimes its really hard to “finish” beats bc I lose interest, or im just overly critical of what ive created, but these battles definitely help with that... They almost “force” me to finish the beats and also give the confidence to be “ok” with the finished product... so Keep it up! :biggrin:

I make 4 bar loops or some shit and find it impossible to deviate from it due to all the parts being key. Feels like to add variations would need to create a whole new beat essentially.

There are aa lot of tracks that are really repetitive because it hold the vocals on top. Gotta remember this is hiphop/rap not no fucking Westlife 1 Direction bullshit.

iheardasong

Battle Points: 1
Thanks man! I play the piano so finding a sound that I like and just playing it on my keyboard is a pretty intuitive approach for me.
I totally agree with you. Having a concept/ starting point and a deadline really helps, that's why I decided to participate in this challenge.
I'll definitely keep an eye on this site and look forward to future challenges^^

Status
Not open for further replies.