Beat This! - July 20-21, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myers Trax

www.myerstrax.com
Nice job everyone! This was my first post on this site I watched the last battle from the sidelines.
I hear a lot of things I like in this battle I love how clean EZ Jointz track is the stabs are right on, I really like the melody Samply Cherish came up with, and I Think Ybeatz killed it and gets my vote.

And S3oulc1ty's beat was fire!

Last edited:

FuxxYoCouch

Battle Points: 3
@oninkaf - "Mud"
@S3oulC1ty "BreaksNHorns"
@FuxxYoCouch - "My Truth"

FuxxMyBeat sounds too muddy without any soul in the sample!
Thanks for the shout out! I'm brand new to this site so I am excited to hear any advice or constructive criticism. As far as "muddy" do you mean the mix of the whole beat? Yeah the sample is pretty plain, in my opinion I could've done the track with my own sounds for the strings. I wanted to have a decent sample melody while still maintaining originality.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
This was really dope. @S3oulC1ty had a very good beat but actually my favorite was @huggyHG's and @NONONSENSEBEATS (your bass could be a big lighter though).
@Koey had a dope one too.

Lots of other really good ones in this. I felt this was a good theme, although using a short sample like this can make all the beats seem similar. On the other hand, it give everyone a chance to see how everyone flips it.

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Battle Points: 815
@Koey its a shame u didnt make it into the top 5... U wouldve been my #1 pick! :(

@S3oulC1ty Congrats on ANOTHER win! It took a while for "the beat" to come in but when it did, it was super dope... Just wondering did u extend out the intro b/c the beat would been too repetitive if u went straight into it? I know on the sample flips uve been adding an acapella to take away from some of that... j/w

Also @EZ Jointz had a pretty dope beat that i thought wouldve made it into the top 5... I personally wouldve liked to hear more of the "change up" i thought that sounded really nice, just my opinion...

Pretty good beats though all around tho

Last edited:

Koey

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 24
Appreciate the shoutout fellas! @crog85 haha mine was a bit rushed. I had a tough time finding the specific sounds that I was hearing in my head to complement the way I flipped the sample and the route I wanted to go with it. I just went with the closest sound that I came across that matched. If only I had an actual ensemble in my home studio to record haha.

Once I heard the sample, I knew the majority of people were going to go with those horn stabs haha.
Some of the ones that stood out to me:

@huggyHG - Digging the direction you took this. Very different from the rest, but still turned out dope.
@S3oulC1ty - Really like the way you brought this in. The bassline def made the beat what it is. Good stuff and congrats!
@Samply Charish - Melodically I really like the way you approached it. Those generic ass chant sounds tho lol they gotta go.

NONONSENSEBEATS

NononsenseBeats
Battle Points: 237
This was really dope. @S3oulC1ty had a very good beat but actually my favorite was @huggyHG's and @NONONSENSEBEATS (your bass could be a big lighter though).
@Koey had a dope one too.

Lots of other really good ones in this. I felt this was a good theme, although using a short sample like this can make all the beats seem similar. On the other hand, it give everyone a chance to see how everyone flips it.
Yea I really wasn't feelin the bass in this. Had very little time to finish it. That will be fixed soon though. I would've liked to put my original beat in but hey shit happens. It was a nice ass battle though. Thanks for the feedback @Fade.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I have a cool idea for the next one. High-five to @crog85 for the idea. I'm aiming to also bring back the member voting. The issue is people cheating of course (getting their friends, family, neighbor's dog to sign up and vote), but I have an idea.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
I have a cool idea for the next one. High-five to @crog85 for the idea. I'm aiming to also bring back the member voting. The issue is people cheating of course (getting their friends, family, neighbor's dog to sign up and vote), but I have an idea.

An idea I have been thinking about. Have the contestents vote for their top 5. Of course u can't vote for yourself. Everyone send u a PM, that way u dont know the count.

Mike Free Music

Mike Free Music
Battle Points: 101
An idea I have been thinking about. Have the contestents vote for their top 5. Of course u can't vote for yourself. Everyone send u a PM, that way u dont know the count.

I like that Ozmosis idea. But people voting for their friends in the battles will still be a hard one to shake I think.
Really don't know if its is possible but get you a committee set up of voters maybe form the outside who just like listening to music. All they do is vote. Like a mixed crew of a trapp'r and a boom bapp'r and a emo fan and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online