Beat This! - June 17-18, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

YannFer

The Mr Bernard Who Laughs
Battle Points: 166
i didn'g necessarily look for an evil theme, but the announcement or whatever cuts needed to feel right.. you can't have some purge announcement about murder and then have some happy ass boat song. On the other hand.. there could have been some really dope subposition of the two.. kinda the shit that Tarantino does in his films when he's got these happy ass song playing against this dark scene.. but nobody actually pulled nothing like that off.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
This is what i was referring to early on where i said it doesnt necessarily have to be hype or such.

I was thinking could have used some old-time sample that has an eery vibe when worked a certain way.

That kinda psychopathic contrast.

On the other hand.. there could have been some really dope subposition of the two.. kinda the shit that Tarantino does in his films when he's got these happy ass song playing against this dark scene.. but nobody actually pulled nothing like that off.

StoneLockProd

New to the site
Battle Points: 34
i don't know if i have actually watched it all the way through.. it's always bits and pieces.. i'm not sure i know what the fuck actually hpapnes!! just know a bumch of different famous scenes but not really how they tie together

StoneLockProd

New to the site
Battle Points: 34
Got damnit again. !!! BTW,, did anyone pick up on the fact I used vocal chops to create the kick, snare and hats? I did. I maybe didn't execute it well enough? Maybe. I like taking chances and thinking outside the box. I'm proud. So fuck wit it. Now to the winners.

Finally the beats I like actually won!! @2GooD Productions congrats. that was in my top 3. You and @44Beatzz. Both of those were sick. Overall, probably tied for my favorite.. However, I voted with @Jim B. He was also very dope and I just felt like he made more creative use with the actual samples..from what I could tell. All 3 were great.

For the other runner ups, @crog85, this was cool. I definitley liked it.. but it didn't have anything that struck me as being special like the previously mentioned ones. It was a bit too cut and paste trap style for me with the siren overlaid. I might have faulted it more for the lack of sample integration. Maybe there is more to it.. overall it was very cool, but not enough to show up on my top. I did note it after first pass. So, it made at least top8 or 10. haha.

@Memento Beats.I typically like your stuff. Your sound selection is always great and arrangement bangs. This one didn't do it for me thought. The melodies created just didn't grab me. The instruments were again very dope,so soundselection worked.. which I think is a formula for you at this point.. but the melody for atleast the first part was lacking. Your transitions and shit were still fire though. I'm going to start taking notes because you always have a dope build and switch.. that part where you dropped the chainsaw in that short little dead space was fucking epic. That was probably the most memorable thing of the whole battle for me. Tomorrow I won't be thinking much about these other beats (aside from my own).. but I'll remember that chainsaw drop.

Nobody else in the "also rans" made my top lists, which is incredible. usually my shoutouts are entirely from the "also ran" group. So, that means I'm done talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online