Beat This! - June 22-23, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuNu

Battle Points: 19
Here are my reviews:

@2 $lick : Good strings although they sound a bit strained. I was hoping to hear the beat transition a bit.
@44Beatzz : Love the gunshots. I think if there was a proper drum track on this it could have sounded a lot more solid.
@A.R. DASUPASTAR : Horn is dope. Piano doesn't match though, it sounds just thrown in. I think if you had a nice piano sample that matches the tone of the horn it would sound much better.
@d.fusion : The low end bass and kick really give it a gutter feeling. Snare fits perfectly. The horns are what carries this and makes me want to fight.
@D.R-FAM : I liked this beat a lot at the beginning but it was just too repetitive for my liking. But I like what you were doing with it, it would have just been nice to have something else come in to give it some flavor.
@Eddie B. : I love the beginning because I was expecting a hard-hitting beat to come in. But this was too laid back, although it had a nice dark vibe.
@hardboiled : I was figuring you'd have a beat like this. It works really well with the theme but I think what takes away from it is the vocal snippets when you play around with them. They just sound a bit forced as well as choppy.
@INDS : You always have dark chill beats which I love, but not for this theme. I think this beat in another theme would rank high.
@Klypse : Dope drums. This is another beat that is on point but not fitting of the theme. Nice keyboard work too.
@Mike Free Music : Dope intro! I agree with the placing. At first I wasn't crazy about the kick but then I realized what you were doing with it, that it's doubling as a gunshot (at least that's what I hear). Dope shit.
@Nahshon Beasley : The horns are really good, I think the beat just needs a solid loop throughout. Maybe it's the drum pattern that throws me off though.
@NONONSENSEBEATS : Very laid back, I didn't expect a beat like this for this theme. I do like the keys though, very chill. And then the sine later on, really nice.
@NuNu : I really like this beat. I think there's two things that took away from it though. The horn just sounded out of place. But also even though the beat sounds hard, it just seems like you put tons of sounds into the beat, so in a way it was hard to follow.
@oninkaf : I like the beginning but I expected a hard beat to come in. I think the horns too are great for the theme but the beat should have been much harder.
@S3oulC1ty : This is another beat that hard but not. It's hard but too smooth for the theme. I think all it's missing is the hypeness.
@Spuntastic : If it weren't for the guitar then I don't think it would fit the theme too much, but it did. Then the drum rolls were a nice touch. I would say this was borderline hard/smooth.

@Fade , I really appreciate the feedback. I said to myself that it seemed cluttered at times, you should have heard it before I simplified it some...

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online