Status
Not open for further replies.
Battle Points: 153
lucious lyon wtf GIF

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Just wanna say, all your beats slapped. Not gonna mention individually. All did their thing in their own way.

All got so many different elements in 'em I wish you mfers could pass on the knowledge to me. Wether that's mix, music, sounds. Dope. ill.

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 238
@Vossi Beats what organ you using?! N you playing those organ lines yourself or?

Any of that shit be loops or you played all that?!
I know a guy that has a studio whith all kinds of old recordings. So to my knowledge everything was live recorded at some point. I just grabbed some different shit and took from each the things I needed and pieced it all together. It wasn't just a matter of copy pasting it tho. Every element was from different sources. If people wanna call that using "loops" then that's their choice.
Grats @Andante !

Boombap FTW!

I personally thought it was more hip hop with a Jamaican accent, but beat sounded good.

Top 4 were

@ConspiracyMuzik @Iron Keys , I voted for @Vossi Beats cause it was true to what the contest was, I also want to know if that was sampled organs and @LiveLargeBeats.

I feel any of these 4 could of taken it.
Thanks for the vote bro. And yes it was sampled. 90% of what I do is using samples and drum pad ✌

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
I know a guy that has a studio whith all kinds of old recordings. So to my knowledge everything was live recorded at some point. I just grabbed some different shit and took from each the things I needed and pieced it all together. It wasn't just a matter of copy pasting it tho. Every element was from different sources. If people wanna call that using "loops" then that's their choice.

Nice, man!
Just to clarify, i wasnt hating. Just thought your beat sounded ill so wanted to know what it takes to slap like that! If it was all played/programmed by yourself then ooof may have had to get the cia to investigate you haha.
Also cause that organ sounded dopeee i think someone else used a dope organ before can't remember if was you or someone else.

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Nice, man!
Just to clarify, i wasnt hating. Just thought your beat sounded ill so wanted to know what it takes to slap like that! If it was all played/programmed by yourself then ooof may have had to get the cia to investigate you haha.
Also cause that organ sounded dopeee i think someone else used a dope organ before can't remember if was you or someone else.
I didn't think you was hating bro. I know that when you are hating you are not trying to conceal it like that lol. That line was mostly meant for some other individuals in here that seem to have the idea that if you don't play everything yourself then you are a cheater. It's like they think all the great producers are just sitting in a massive studio all alone and only using content they played themselves
I really like it when people come together and each bring their own element and then you have the producer who knows how to piece it all together and turn it into liquid fire. Like hip hop's version of a symphony conductor. If that makes any sense? That's the guy I wanna be at some point in my life, if I will ever be that good at least. One can only hope

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown
Thanks for the win! I didn't expect it because there are a lot of dope entries...

Here's my feedback on the beats (please don't take it personal like MJ...);

@ConspiracyMuzik
I really like the intro, getting that reggae vibe. Mix is very solid. Drums are on point, I usually put the open hihat right before the snare (3/4 instead of 1/4) but that's a matter of preference I think. The horns sound a little "aggressive" which clashes with the reggae vibe of the beat. But overall, dope entry!

@Iron Keys
Jah Z lol... Nice bassline! The acapella properly fits the beat. The tambourine is a bit present in the mix while the kick and snare lack a little punch imo.

@Mahlhavoc
I really like the sounds (instruments) you used for this. Is that organ from a vsti? If yes, which one :p? The mix is kind of loud to my taste but that's nowadays standard. Solid beat!

@LiveLargeBeats
Nice chords, drums are banging. I like the guitar at the end (also at 0:52). I think the 'pad' you used at 0:02 and throughout the beat is a bit too repetitive, taking away the focus from the vocal. Still one of the better entries imo.

@2GooD Productions
I like how you created that 'dub' sound with the drums (kick instead of snare). The instruments sounds a bit wooden or unnatural imo. This could also have to do with lack of dynamics? Same with Mahlhavocs beat, the mix is a bit loud to my taste.

@K-waz
Cool intro, big fan of the piece of sample you used. However, the bassline doesn't fit the sample (because it's played in a different key). Drums are dope though.

@Primz
Positive vibrations! Should be at least in top 5 imo. Drums, bassline and chords are in harmony, good job on that. Only thing that I didn't like was the cymbal starting at 0:46 and throughout the beat..

@RUCCER_TIME
I didn't feel this one tbh... It didn't have that reggae vibe to it and everything as a whole sounds a bit dissonant.

@Vossi Beats
This tune... Really really dope. Nothing to add to this... I was very curious about if you played the instruments yourself or if it was sample based. Nonetheless great job. Got my vote and I thought this would win! I'm surprised this isn't even in top 5...?

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
@Vossi Beats
This tune... Really really dope. Nothing to add to this... I was very curious about if you played the instruments yourself or if it was sample based. Nonetheless great job. Got my vote and I thought this would win! I'm surprised this isn't even in top 5...?
Thanks! And thanks for the vote. I guess two votes wasn't enough to place lol.
Would be a nice addition to be able to see how many votes each beat gets in the B This! battles. Have you ever considered making this a thing @Fade ?

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
Thanks for the win! I didn't expect it because there are a lot of dope entries...

Here's my feedback on the beats (please don't take it personal like MJ...);

@ConspiracyMuzik
I really like the intro, getting that reggae vibe. Mix is very solid. Drums are on point, I usually put the open hihat right before the snare (3/4 instead of 1/4) but that's a matter of preference I think. The horns sound a little "aggressive" which clashes with the reggae vibe of the beat. But overall, dope entry!

@Iron Keys
Jah Z lol... Nice bassline! The acapella properly fits the beat. The tambourine is a bit present in the mix while the kick and snare lack a little punch imo.

@Mahlhavoc
I really like the sounds (instruments) you used for this. Is that organ from a vsti? If yes, which one :p? The mix is kind of loud to my taste but that's nowadays standard. Solid beat!

@LiveLargeBeats
Nice chords, drums are banging. I like the guitar at the end (also at 0:52). I think the 'pad' you used at 0:02 and throughout the beat is a bit too repetitive, taking away the focus from the vocal. Still one of the better entries imo.

@2GooD Productions
I like how you created that 'dub' sound with the drums (kick instead of snare). The instruments sounds a bit wooden or unnatural imo. This could also have to do with lack of dynamics? Same with Mahlhavocs beat, the mix is a bit loud to my taste.

@K-waz
Cool intro, big fan of the piece of sample you used. However, the bassline doesn't fit the sample (because it's played in a different key). Drums are dope though.

@Primz
Positive vibrations! Should be at least in top 5 imo. Drums, bassline and chords are in harmony, good job on that. Only thing that I didn't like was the cymbal starting at 0:46 and throughout the beat..

@RUCCER_TIME
I didn't feel this one tbh... It didn't have that reggae vibe to it and everything as a whole sounds a bit dissonant.

@Vossi Beats
Hybrid 64 is the vst I used for the organ. The name if the sound was "Tribute To Jimmy"

Reactions: TWU

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Thanks! And thanks for the vote. I guess two votes wasn't enough to place lol.
Would be a nice addition to be able to see how many votes each beat gets in the B This! battles. Have you ever considered making this a thing @Fade ?
We used to. Then every so often people ask this question but it's not a good idea because then people wonder why they lost by X amount of votes. Then people want to know who voted for them. Then my inbox gets full with people wanting to know who voted for them. And if there's a tie and I break it, then I get asked why I thought that beat was better, etc.

So for years now I don't show the votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online