*** Beat This! May 3, 2013 Voting ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
In order to vote, please reply to this thread with your top 5 picks, from 1st to 5th. You must pick 5, otherwise your votes won't count.

Like this:

1st place: name
2nd place: name
3rd place: name
4th place: name
5th place: name

Listen to the contestants: https://www.illmuzik.com/beat-this-competition/contestants/

Theme:
Sample Flip

Please do not vote for your friends, vote simply for which beat is the best. We're trusting you to vote properly.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
1: dj feedme - balanced mix and smooth collage of phrases, allround best
2: jrockpsycho - samplism, perhaps a bit repetitive but the groove is there, plain n simple.
3: Tactic - samplism, used the bass, off beat grooves.
4: Maknbeats - a bit similar to dj feedme with less touch up
5: KDVS - giving credit for the little solo's, though the guitar is very slight out of tune.

Maknbeats

Back to Work
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 56
First off, congrats to everybody starting with nothing and making something!! That's why I love Music!! Dope sample choice too!!

The first place was hard, it was in between Dj FeedMe and JRock. I think overall the roundness and production of Wonderful world is better, but I think because that JRock's sounded different then mine that I gravitated towards it!

JRockPsycho - Love this shit, Super grungy, i could hear mad heads on it like wu, but sean p or something like that. This def had my head knocking hard! It's that one Horn note that takes me to some Pete rock ish or something.

DjFeedMe - beat is dope, def spent some time on it. Love your choice of filters and i like the drums and the cuts at the end.

KDVS - I like this cause it is different and pretty mellow joint compared to the rest.

Ozmosis - Some boom bap type ish, All you need in there are some crazy cuts or something to give it that dilla flavor

Tacktic - Def a chill track, i like the vocal track you put in there! I wanted to find one to put in there but didn't have time. I would have liked to hear it break down into just the vocal and then build back into the samp.

Good Job everybody else!!

TACTIK

The most unique producer on here
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 527
1) Maknbeats - "Provide Samps And I Flip"
This is my fave because of the use of the horn samples. Totally has that late 80s smooth jazz feel.

2) JRockPsycho - "12 Swords"
I am impressed with this beats sample rhythm and how it really compliments the drums. The filters on the sample are totally legit too, especially with the transitions in the intro and ending of the song.

3) Djfeedme - "Wonderful World Of The Future"
Totally chill vibe on this track, really soulful and dope voice sample that adds a lot to it.

4) KDVS - "Temple Of Hip Hop
What was done to the sample on this track completely changes up the mood in a good way which can be difficult. The added guitar & bassline are really creative as well.

5) Toryhooks - "Mr. Fix It"
J Dilla steez all over this one with that early snare. Samples could be a lil louder though

MissMurder

1.JRockpsycho- 12 Swords : This one has the most depth. It took the sample and evolved it into something new. The sound is well rounded and takes the listener to a new levels. A flip should take us on a trip, not just "change" a song. This one is for me did that the most.
2. Mensah- Laws of grace : This one is interesting to me. The sound is well rounded but at the same time has those little glitches that surprise you and get you smiling and moving.
3. Ozmosis- Beat this May : This is fun. It would sound really good if it was sped up a bit. I can see it morphing into some crazy dance song.
4. Toryhooks- Mr fix it : drums are solid. Good sound overall.
5. Makenbeats- Provide samps and i flip. : I like the cuts in the flute or whatever that crazy micheal bolton instrument sound is.

Great Job Guys.

KDVS

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 85
1: Djfeedme, whitout doubt the nicest track in this Beat This Competition for me, congrats... "We have meet in times of battles". Love the theme, and the cutting fits perfect in the song. Great production.
2: TACTIC, im loving the sample work, way different and im really enjoying your style. When it breaks, ohhh, im floathing on this.. (Ps, Album was very goood as well)
3: Maknbeats, loving the intro and that sax is flipped so nice, the beat has alot of "life" in it. Great work.
4: Ozmosis, chill and good feeling on this, really kicks on the vibe it give me, super smooth...
5: JRockPsycho, very good fx on this one, controlled nicely for me. Good sample work and it sounds like a very good mix.

I also liked Toryhooks alot, that bounce was really nice.... Great work everybody.. :)

R

robot.robot

Found This Forum through Facebook.

1.Jrockpsycho
2.ozmosis
3. KDVS
4.makenbeatz
5.Mensah

Great Job to Everyone. This Is a fun Competition.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
This was real hard to choose a winner, but i had to pick KD since he took a diff approach.
1. KDVS - I like how you took a diff approach and flipped it. stands out and flows
2. Maknbeats - It between you and Djfeedme for best mix I can hear camp lo on this
3. Djfeedme - very clean mix, I need to take pointers from you on mixing
4. JRock - Best drums out the bunch
5. Tactik - Your a pro always put together well, with the light vocal makes it song ready
Really any of the 5 could have won IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online