Beat This! - May 4-5, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 238
Well done, @Vossi Beats mi bredren.

Really loved the organ work - which is why I voted it.

But you really cramped the track... where's the low? Even when the bass hit it still felt a bit lakcing.

That kick needs to thump, feels all tight and lifted.

The mix is good, besides whatever is going on with the above.
thx bruh!
Maybe I could have spend more time on the lows. I just wanted to make sure the drums and organ was the main focus and to me it worked fine like that.

StoneLockProd

New to the site
Battle Points: 34
fucking FINALLY!. ahaha, damn. feels good. Congrats to @Vossi Beats .. I will be giving my usual more in depth break down of a select number later on. Prolly when y'all sleeping. Lol. Don't even know whose beat was what yet.

Okay, so wait.. are the runner ups like in order? or is it just a tier? Either way. It means that at least ONE person finally thought my beat was the best.. that makes me happy. Because it'll be the first time. Thanks to whoever those people were. I love you now.

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
how did you eq the drums, or kick, or master? j/c
lol its middle of the night here and I'm high af, so this'll be the short version:LOL:

Eq drums is done by following certain guidelines. of course. As you also know I'm sure and you so know it better than me I presume. But the kick some frequencies control the thump and others the muddiness and others the presence. Most goes on below 1000. But sometimes you need to adjust it higher up as well. I tend to just cut it off around 2000-2500 tho.
most important i would say is to find a balance between the kick and the snare low end as well as the bass. So it all blends together nicely and not interfere. Mix glue. Control transients in compressor or transient plugin.

Not telling you anything about my snare eq tho. Secret sauce. Also high hats. But I almost never use just 1 snare or one hh. Had about 7 hh's in this one and 2 snares.

Mastering have to wait now I'm going to sleep my alarm goes off in 3.5 hours

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Congrats @Vossi Beats . Got my vote, that beat was pure fire..
@crog85 was my 2nd favorite so glad to see both beats on top.

Also tnx to admins for even acceptin my entry since I was dumb enough to leave that vocal intro in it.. Love my beat but in tweaking drums forgot to cut that sht for this contest. Apologies. )
Thanks. I really wanted to vote for yours tho. Shame you had that vocal intro, and the chops. Beat was pure fire. That dark sinister vibe got me right away !

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
a transgender sound is a pair of scissors snipping.
throw up team america GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online