Beat This! - November 3-4, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 238
Anyway... 90% of the beats in this one was dope. But in the end only one of them showed us what true hip hop should be. So that is the one that deserves to win.
And by the way FUCK YOU if you don't like me. Okay? Yes YOU! You sure know who you are.
Go fuck yourself little brown nose bitch I ain't going nowhere, except maybe to your house to take a big dump on your front lawn.
How You Doin Kiss GIF

Just really wanted to get that out there
Peace and goodnight

Delta_Nine

Illa la muzika!!!
Anyway... 90% of the beats in this one was dope. But in the end only one of them showed us what true hip hop should be. So that is the one that deserves to win.
And by the way FUCK YOU if you don't like me. Okay? Yes YOU! You sure know who you are.
Go fuck yourself little brown nose bitch I ain't going nowhere, except maybe to your house to take a big dump on your front lawn.
How You Doin Kiss GIF

Just really wanted to get that out there
Peace and goodnight
Salute. I feel the same.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Congratulations to @Delta_Nine!

Top 5:

@Delta_Nine - Very smooth flip. I like how the beat moves. Nice changeups. Good use of the vocal snippets.
@crog85 - Very hype beat, great mix. Intro a little long but dope overall.
@Iron Keys - Heard this before I think. Very nice mix. Nice transitions.
@Silentz - Dope. Sounds like some gutter shit. Like you made this not giving a fuck.
@nottr - I love the low end. Drums are nice and wide and I like the low sounds coming in and out.

Runner-Ups:

@Armani - Smooth. Nice drums. Guitar fits well, good little tune.
@BigcountryX - Nice tune you got going. I like the first part of the organ. Not crazy about the vocal parts, maybe a bit of a high pass filter to thin them out then add delay to it.
@DaHomie - Good sample usage. I like the overall beat, just the mix needs more clarity. Dope.
@Fakie_Black - Very smooth. Good piano. Drums fit well. Good low end. I like the changeups.
@guitardep - I like the bass and the vocals, I was just waiting for some hard hitting drums to come in to match that bass.
@InnerThug - Really good tune. Nice vocals. Drums on point. For me it was just the mix since I could hear some clipping. Other than that, dope.
@LiveLargeBeats - Cocaine! But for cocaine talk, I expected a hard beat rather than smooth. Sounds good, good mix, low a bit too low, but nice guitar, piano and drums.
@Mahlhavoc - Sounds like something I would hear in a gym while everyone's sweaty and hitting the bag. Nice drums, good mix, I wasn't crazy about the tune though.
@Pcs shorty - Piano is off to a good start, although I hear the kick go off grid at one point, even that main melody too at one spot. It's like the loop doesn't loop right sometimes.
@Sarbendra - Good tune, intro too long though. Nice drums! I like the snare hits. I wanted to hear more of a low end though.
@Stona Persona - Drums start off good and the melody is nice but too quiet. I think the mix just needs life to it.
@Vossi Beats - I really liked this one, very good tune. Great low end, drum work is nice. I just thought the vocal repeats a bit too often.

Delta_Nine

Illa la muzika!!!
Thanks for voting, if you didnt vote for me thx for participating.

I voted for @Armani just a clean and simple beat.
Nothing to loud or crazy.
@LiveLargeBeats , really love the guitar melody.
A lot of emotion. Dope. Oh yeah, I never congratulated you on fatherhood. You got yourself quite a journey my g.
@Pcs shorty I think the beat skips a bit, but when the beat switches up, that shit dirty af. Fuego.
@Fakie_Black you took us on a journey with that one. Salute.
Ok @BigcountryX , I see you. That sample you chose was a good look. A classic record came from that joint.
@nottr damn I was stuck between you and armani. Damn I cant figure out where I heard that sample? Hope to hear more from you.
@Vossi Beats , thanks for the comment. Peace.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
@Iron Keys and @crog85 still bearing down dominating the top spots.

Congrats @Delta_Nine I almost voted for yours, i labelled it 'nice floaty dreamy bap'

I voted for @InnerThug ... I actually felt it had really similar vibes to mine. Creeped me out!

@Vossi Beats was a very close choice for me with the above^.

A lot of beats i liked or thought were really good in this battle. @Silentz I thought used the most mega sample, only reason I didn't vote is I felt the drums were a little kinda lazy, didn't need to do much with 'em but just maybe a little something more.

I think @Stona Persona 's beat had really cool sounds and sonics. there are parts of it that i jut really like, but then certain phrasings sound unnatural, if musically it didn't jar where it did I would have also potentially voted this.

i listed @guitardep as 'expecting to see men in spacesuits jump out and start floating arounf'

@Mahlhavoc your beat made me move, I find the vocal clips a little corny tho sometimes. Almost feel like "stickers" slapped on the beat. Though if they fully fit or felt (/sound) original it would def do it for me. Maybe it's your 'thing' tho. But made me move - that's important

Really strong competition this battle. Glad there was only 17 beats else that would have got a lot harder to vote.

As always, I appreciate those who loved mine and/or slapped it with a vote.

If anyone wants any feedback/specific feedback(even if mentioned already) just @ me and I'll drop some wisdom.

Love

Fakie_Black

Battle Points: 4
First of all, I voted for @Delta_Nine , felt very raw. Very clean with just the right amount of dirt and grit.

@LiveLargeBeats can never go wrong with a clean trap beat, plus I love the intro.

@Vossi Beats Im really feelin the vintage synth arp vibe.

@Stona Persona I like what you're going for, though I think sound selection could be improved.

@Pcs shorty Bet you id REALLY enjoy this track, though possible exporting problems or mixing issues (i get it) turned me away. Love the drum patterns, and the panning snares.

@Sarbendra Sound selection and arrangement is on fleek! clean.

@Mahlhavoc That bass and kick pattern is brutal!

@InnerThug I like the beat a lot, those vocals are awesome, just a little repetitive.

@guitardep Fundamentals were there, I think the mix was a little off, id really like to hear those drums shine.

@DaHomie Originally I was going to vote for you(sorry), but that sample is perfect.

@BigcountryX I like the chop a lot, very unique!

@Armani for some reason, I originally wasn't a huge fan of yours. Then I re-listened and realized I was tripping. That "guitar?" melody is so good, then the "flute?" compliments it well.

@nottr great sample and chop and I couldn't imagine any better drums for it.

@Silentz That sample is godly!

@Iron Keys Towards the 40 second mark, I love how full and atmospheric it got.

@crog85 had now idea it would drop that hard OMGGG! heat

Hopefully I didn't forget anyone, let me know if I did though aha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online