Beat This! - October 10-11, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

khailel

Battle Points: 13
Great work from the contestants. I have one honest critique though; Some of y'all need to learn what a fender rhodes piano is. Some of the beats had a basic piano with effects on the chords. If we are producers we should now the difference. NOT HATING on anyone but I'm just saying. I voted and listened to every submission. Still overall quality submissions!
You got a point bro. Dave Grusin - Colorado Trail is the most accurate Rhodes example I can currently think of.

C4NTK33P5T1LL

Paying My Dues With I O U's
Battle Points: 81
I Whittled It Down In The End I Used My Trusted Technique Of What Got Me Moving .I'm Not A Big Lover Of The Rhodes Sound Usually( It is A Bit Cloudy If Ya Get Me ) ,But I Enjoyed Listening To These . Some Surprisingly Hard Beats . Good Fortune Be Wished To The Lot Of Ya

Kulateral

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 147
Nothing like twisting one up and listening to some new and fresh tracks...The one thing about this site is the different sub-genres you can hear in everyone's work....Trap, East Coast , Boom Bap I dig it all...They were 4 that stood out to me for creativity...In the end I went with the one that I thought had the most completeness..( Beat and Mixing ) .

DEEZ BEATZ

THE GOLD STANDARD...
Battle Points: 841
Wow...I was not expecting to win this...there were some dope ass beats today...thanks to Fade & Illmuzik and much love & respect for everyone who voted for me...

DEEZ BEATZ

THE GOLD STANDARD...
@DEEZ BEATZ sounded like D'Angelo, Soulquarians like; that had my vote. @C4NTK33P5T1LL, I'm flattered, thanks. Your beat kinda had a suspenseful, yet bouncy vibe to it; I like that. Hope to battle with you guys again!
@khailel , thanks bruh, I was trying to get that Musiq sound with the vocals but played the Rhodes like D'Angelo...lol

Poe Pockets

I do it for the love of music!!!!!!
Battle Points: 63
@DEEZ BEATZ I voted for your submission. It was so organic and chill I was bumping it all day. Love the vocal patch and the rhodes. Sounds like something you'd listen to after a rough day at the gig!!

DEEZ BEATZ

THE GOLD STANDARD...
@DEEZ BEATZ I voted for your submission. It was so organic and chill I was bumping it all day. Love the vocal patch and the rhodes. Sounds like something you'd listen to after a rough day at the gig!!
@Poe Pockets, Actually I had just smoked some gorilla glue and was listening to the Musiq Soulchild album and got inspired..lol. Thank you very much for voting for my beat..glad you liked it..my in-laws have a Fender Rhodes so I played a little groove and sampled it and looped the good parts I played..tha tha my secret..

Fade

The Beat Hamster
Administrator
*** ill o.g. ***
Battle Points: 1
There were a lot of really dope beats in this one. Nice to see @djfeedme coming back and taking 2nd place! @DEEZ BEATZ was definitely on point, very chill. I think the vocal snippets are what put it over the top.

DEEZ BEATZ

THE GOLD STANDARD...
There were a lot of really dope beats in this one. Nice to see @djfeedme coming back and taking 2nd place! @DEEZ BEATZ was definitely on point, very chill. I think the vocal snippets are what put it over the top.
@Fade , thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Who Has the Best Beat?
Beat #2
6 votes
Beat #1
2 votes
Beat #3
0 votes

ill resources