Beat This - October 14-15, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

macndabox

UnGenre Productions #unGenre
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
I'm from Brooklyn, NY,
Don't take this the wrong way, but I personally don't like to hear remixes or covers of songs that sound like the original... I wanted to use a beat that you'd probably never hear biggie on lol. Alot of these beats sounded really good but they also had a similar vibe as the original, and I'll agree that the winning beat sounds like something biggie would rap over, but it also has similarities to the original.

@TCoast U were my top pick, if that matters. I really like that beat.

@Stone Flacco I'm feeling that baseline. Sounds good.

It was an honor to be able to participate in this competition. Being from Brooklyn, NY and a fan of Biggie, I opted to keep things simple because he shines on his own. His voice is power in this city and people here would really feel that. Every beat I made for him, he kilt.. Made me wish he was still alive so I could play it for him..#deep #thanks #ontotheNextOne

TCoast

Battle Points: 62
Don't take this the wrong way, but I personally don't like to hear remixes or covers of songs that sound like the original... I wanted to use a beat that you'd probably never hear biggie on lol. Alot of these beats sounded really good but they also had a similar vibe as the original, and I'll agree that the winning beat sounds like something biggie would rap over, but it also has similarities to the original.

@TCoast U were my top pick, if that matters. I really like that beat.

@Stone Flacco I'm feeling that baseline. Sounds good.
@crog85 I certainly appreciate that feedback. You also were one of two of my top picks. You made it sound really good. I had @Mighty Mattrix winning it all.

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Battle Points: 815
@crog85 I certainly appreciate that feedback. You also were one of two of my top picks. You made it sound really good. I had @Mighty Mattrix winning it all.
Thanks man, I appreciate it. Thats what I like about these battles... there are many different producers, at different skill levels, different ages, that have different tastes in music... and it's all hiphop.

Hopefully no one took any disrespect to my last post, it wasn't intended. @macndabox Congrats & @Trik you're remix wasn't as bad as you think... I finished dead last in the last battle lol. It doesn't mean your beat was "bad"

macndabox

UnGenre Productions #unGenre
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
Anyways. The judges spoke and I feel like I wasted my time in here... Give this banner to @Mighty Mattrix and @TCoast. They deserve it. Not me. I concede. Yoooo..Delete my track and act like I wasn't even here...No harm no foul...

NatureRok

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
see and here's my thing.. the whole "this is a drake type beat" or thats " a beat biggie would rap over. is just an opinion. not even true. like my opinion is he wouldnt rock something like that.. not at the time he was making machine gun funk.. (no offense mac) but he would of been on something harder than that.. macs beat was good, but grade it of that.. not your opinion of what you think big may rap over cus others may not agree.. good is good.. wack is wack.. opinions are like assholes right?

so i think things should be graded on that.. good or wack.. the rest is the debate for the reply section..

shouts to mac though.. shouts to all her participated.. 1

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
One of the criteria that I always look for too is that the beat has to sound like it's meant to go with the vocals. Not just for remixes, but actual songs as well. Back in the 90's when DJ's were doing all sorts of "blends", there were some that were on tempo but just sounded like shit because the vocals weren't in tune with the music. So this is sort of the same thing, I just believe that the winning beat was very on point. There were others that were too but there were also other things as well like the sound of the mix and stuff like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.