Beat This! - September 23-24, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Battle Points: 815
@2GooD Productions Congrats on the win, u never know how these will go... but i knew ur beat as soon as i heard it! Im like, i heard this before... 2Good’s Lady sample flip! Smh... Lol

Definitely thought @Memento Beats woukd be in the top 5... Nice brutal beat my friend!!

I really liked a few beats today... @GoldenBoy, @Hypermanbeatz, @Myers Trax... @Primz

@2GooD Productions Congrats on the win, u never know how these will go... but i knew ur beat as soon as i heard it! Im like, i heard this before... 2Good’s Lady sample flip! Smh... Lol

Definitely thought @Memento Beats woukd be in the top 5... Nice brutal beat my friend!!

I really liked a few beats today... @GoldenBoy, @Hypermanbeatz, @Myers Trax... @Primz
I remember telling you a while back I was saving that one for a battle. Now all I need to do is make some new stuff, being back at work is a bastard at taking away all my free time. @Memento Beats wont take long to catch me if I dont pull my finger out and make time. Also battle that will be back around before we know it.

GoldenBoy

ProducerDrew
Battle Points: 135
I voted for @Myers Trax. I just couldn't get around how different it was. It was super smooth and I loved the way the chords of the song just flowed together. The percussion was on point and perfect the song. Although I feel it couldn't been slightly better mixed the composition won it for my vote. His beat just felt right.

GoldenBoy

ProducerDrew
I was trying to make a lil baby type beat. Something I could hear him rap on

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
:clap:
Congrats GooDy 2 shoes. @2GooD Productions !!!

Here was my notes/shortlist
1600983095007.png

Beat 1 : @2GooD Productions this was yours!I recognised hearing it somehwere before, dunno why werent keen on voc, but my standout thing was the progressing string sound i think, think panned left.

Beat 2 : @TACTIK reaaally liked this. So floaty and vibey. You was in my final 2, pained me not to slap the vote on it. Dopeee

Beat 4 : @crog85 I knew 100% this was yours, as you have the best production/mix here. That violin, oosh... is that a sample or synth? (if so which synth) lush af. Like that your ting had some extra flavour by using this.

Beat 6 : @Myers Trax I think this was yours! Really nice, kinda cool. cool sounds. Didn't really know where to place this in genre terms, got kinda certain edm vibes, but not enough to make me say go 'oh edm' like the dubsteppers/house people in here haha. nice

Beat 9 : @GuttaTennekey nice stuff - i love weird kinda haunty/carnival/creepy shit like this.

Beat 11 : @Primz had a feeling this may have been yours.reminds me of some stuff i got made. I like how you don't just do 'the normal' shit, it's what i aim to do, fit in but stand out.

:fire: Beat 12 : @Hypermanbeatz This was my VOTE!!! For some reason it really resonated with me. Then at some point i realised you must be a UK dude. Noticed that vibe, grime vibes. Nice groove good mix.

Beat 16 : @GoldenBoy nice. I really like this kind of 'sound', I find it's one of the 'trap' sounds thathas a distinct mix to others.It's my preferred kinda sound/mix of trap. I really wanna know how to get this 'sound' intentionally and consistently. You'll have to tell me about your mix or processing erm, process, if there's anything specific you do to get that. Reminds me of tracks like Joyner - Will, and others i can't remember name ha.

Any beat bumped forward on my notepad file was in my 'final four'.

Love.

TACTIK

The most unique producer on here
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 527

View attachment 5629

Beat 1 : @2GooD Productions this was yours!I recognised hearing it somehwere before, dunno why werent keen on voc, but my standout thing was the progressing string sound i think, think panned left.

Beat 2 : @TACTIK reaaally liked this. So floaty and vibey. You was in my final 2, pained me not to slap the vote on it. Dopeee

Beat 4 : @crog85 I knew 100% this was yours, as you have the best production/mix here. That violin, oosh... is that a sample or synth? (if so which synth) lush af. Like that your ting had some extra flavour by using this.

Beat 6 : @Myers Trax I think this was yours! Really nice, kinda cool. cool sounds. Didn't really know where to place this in genre terms, got kinda certain edm vibes, but not enough to make me say go 'oh edm' like the dubsteppers/house people in here haha. nice

Beat 9 : @GuttaTennekey nice stuff - i love weird kinda haunty/carnival/creepy shit like this.

Beat 11 : @Primz had a feeling this may have been yours.reminds me of some stuff i got made. I like how you don't just do 'the normal' shit, it's what i aim to do, fit in but stand out.

:fire: Beat 12 : @Hypermanbeatz This was my VOTE!!! For some reason it really resonated with me. Then at some point i realised you must be a UK dude. Noticed that vibe, grime vibes. Nice groove good mix.

Beat 16 : @GoldenBoy nice. I really like this kind of 'sound', I find it's one of the 'trap' sounds thathas a distinct mix to others.It's my preferred kinda sound/mix of trap. I really wanna know how to get this 'sound' intentionally and consistently. You'll have to tell me about your mix or processing erm, process, if there's anything specific you do to get that. Reminds me of tracks like Joyner - Will, and others i can't remember name ha.

Love.
Much appreciated feedback!

GoldenBoy

ProducerDrew
@Iron Keys
Simplicity is key and it’s all about the shorter 808’s that have some mid frequency response. Making newer 2020 type trap beats like this are much easier to make than your typical “2008, competition/Edm dance trap beats.” However it does require you to pay focus to newer rap songs. When you mix you should always have at least 2 ways to listen to the song while your mixing it and reference track. (Headphones, monitors, and the car)

now a days, producers such as the ones for Joyner, Lil Baby, etc will use their 808 as an actual drum. Not every time will you hear the 808 line up with the kick drum. It’s like they are playing separate rhythms but are still working together if that makes sense. Super simple melody that repeats the whole damn time and the bass notes in the song create the chords. The structure of the song is like 80% of it as well. Just look up popular music structure in modern rap. Super simple as well. Can’t really make a song in 1-2 min but if you listen to any of my beats I’ll use a very similar structure each time. This is so that my build up still drops but doesn’t take half of my beat to do so.

KOOLDJRKM

ALL OF MY BEATS & THEIR RHYMES ATTACHED
Battle Points: 78
I remember telling you a while back I was saving that one for a battle. Now all I need to do is make some new stuff, being back at work is a bastard at taking away all my free time. @Memento Beats wont take long to catch me if I dont pull my finger out and make time. Also battle that will be back around before we know it.
dope beat 2GooD.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
@Iron Keys
Simplicity is key and it’s all about the shorter 808’s that have some mid frequency response. Making newer 2020 type trap beats like this are much easier to make than your typical “2008, competition/Edm dance trap beats.” However it does require you to pay focus to newer rap songs. When you mix you should always have at least 2 ways to listen to the song while your mixing it and reference track. (Headphones, monitors, and the car)

now a days, producers such as the ones for Joyner, Lil Baby, etc will use their 808 as an actual drum. Not every time will you hear the 808 line up with the kick drum. It’s like they are playing separate rhythms but are still working together if that makes sense. Super simple melody that repeats the whole damn time and the bass notes in the song create the chords. The structure of the song is like 80% of it as well. Just look up popular music structure in modern rap. Super simple as well. Can’t really make a song in 1-2 min but if you listen to any of my beats I’ll use a very similar structure each time. This is so that my build up still drops but doesn’t take half of my beat to do so.

yeah but i mean like, that main loop? And the general sound of everything, has a very plastic(in a good way) sound. maybe the reverb or the eq is different to other trakcs i dunno. but there's a certain sonic character to always the main loop and overall mix. i want dat

GoldenBoy

ProducerDrew
yeah but i mean like, that main loop? And the general sound of everything, has a very plastic(in a good way) sound. maybe the reverb or the eq is different to other trakcs i dunno. but there's a certain sonic character to always the main loop and overall mix. i want dat
Yeah it’s an extreme mid range sound melody, I used 3 sounds for that one melody. Purposefully take out all low end, purposefully take out all high end. Between 500-1k. The frequencies are in there own space as well. Literally just the bass and 808 are the mid to low. The melody 5-1k and the hats at the top. Then I added one more later of the same melody on a higher pitched bell for more color between 1k-4K. The “low end of this sound was blended into the 500-1k. That’s what I did with this beat. Maybe I can send you a spectrum analyzer read out of the sound to in graph for so you can visualize what it looks like. Let me know I’m direct message

Honestly speaking, I didn't expect to place. I planned to stay until the results are posted but I couldn't because I was very tired after training. So today it was quite a big surprise to see myself on the second place. :D Congrats to @2GooD Productions on the win and shoutout to all runner-ups @Armani @GoldenBoy and @crog85 Very good job. :)

View attachment 5629

Love.
Thank you man, i always strive to be a lil different, but now..you know my style, thats a problem hahahahaha honestly, i didnt put much effort on this one cause of work so i kinda did something quick and didnt expect to place for this. I havent really sat down for days to make a beat in awhile and i have a project that has all my best beats which i being recorded by rappers at the moment. I always love your critical reviews, i appreciate it bruv.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Thank you man, i always strive to be a lil different, but now..you know my style, thats a problem hahahahaha honestly, i didnt put much effort on this one cause of work so i kinda did something quick and didnt expect to place for this. I havent really sat down for days to make a beat in awhile and i have a project that has all my best beats which i being recorded by rappers at the moment. I always love your critical reviews, i appreciate it bruv.

Haha tbf i can't fully tell something is you, i just think "this could be Primz" there was another one(maybe 2) i thought could be.

That's dope re project! Would love to actuallybe putting something out there. Instead of loops on my computer.

And anytime, brother!

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Yeah it’s an extreme mid range sound melody, I used 3 sounds for that one melody. Purposefully take out all low end, purposefully take out all high end. Between 500-1k. The frequencies are in there own space as well. Literally just the bass and 808 are the mid to low. The melody 5-1k and the hats at the top. Then I added one more later of the same melody on a higher pitched bell for more color between 1k-4K. The “low end of this sound was blended into the 500-1k. That’s what I did with this beat. Maybe I can send you a spectrum analyzer read out of the sound to in graph for so you can visualize what it looks like. Let me know I’m direct message

Wowwww... 500-1k band pass?! :shock: that's a surprise. I'd image that make shit sound horrible and thin or dusty n dark. ihave a problem with overly dark mixes, so I would neverhave tried that!

For sure, would love to see what you're doing, whether that's video or images whatever! Appreciate the insight, my dude! Again dope track, I been keen on a lot of tracks with this vibe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online