Sticky Beat This! Theme Suggestions

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
Battle Points: 241
The thing is, no matter what the theme, it's all in the wording when describing the theme. Because if I say "sample video game music" then I might get asked questions like:
  1. Do you mean I need to make a beat for a video game?
  2. Do I have to sample or can I use my own video games?
  3. Is it only video games? Because I have this sick synth where I can make my own sounds.
  4. etc...
Oh, well, you can determine the guidelines, I am just giving general ideas, lol.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Oh, well, you can determine the guidelines, I am just giving general ideas, lol.
Yeah that's what I mean though, it has to be specific but if I put "sample video game music" someone could just make something instead so it's not absolute. Unless we do a video game sample flip!

NonxG

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 248
Providing kits is good but I think a sample flip is better since there's so much to sample in a song rather than just one part. That's why that Mario Theme drove everyone insane by the end.
yep it´s better. can also be really frustrating just using kit samples and not any vsti or your prefered drum kits. might shrink the field of participants.

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
Battle Points: 241
Yeah that's what I mean though, it has to be specific but if I put "sample video game music" someone could just make something instead so it's not absolute. Unless we do a video game sample flip!
Got it.

Wesbeats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 144
We tried phonk recently and it was a bust even though some people wanted it so I had to switch it to no theme.

Lofi would be cool since it's popular.
I thought I remember something about phonk recently lol all good . Would like to hear some lofi tho that be cool to try

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Phonk is dope. People is wack
You suggested it and nobody showed up!

awkward pulp fiction GIF

members online