Beat This Voting

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammy beats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
I dont know about you guys but I'm tired of having the beat this competitions decided by the moderaters. This is a community and everyone's opinion should be heard when choosing a beat this champ. Ive disagreed with the results of all the beat this competitions so far. This is natural and Im sure not everyone's opinion is going to be like mine but the beat that wins should be the beat that the community likes the best, not the one that the moderaters and the last beat this champ like. If enough people agree with me, maybe it's time that we make this change.

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
ehm i am no moderator and i voted.. and i might have voted for you, you never know.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
well, i can tell you almost definitively that this change wont happen. you are right about this being a community and all of that, but do you really think that it would change much? i am a moderator and therefore a judge, and i have disagreed with the outcomes of most of the comps. the members did do the voting at one time, however that proved to be a complete mess. it is simply more efficient to have apanel of judges as opposed to the members of the site. there are so many members who just pop on once in a blue moon, and why should those votes count? why should they have a hand in choosing the champ when they dont really contribute?

come to think of t- and i'm not trying to get down on you sammy, but i just realized that yuo are in that class- with 74 posts in the span of a year, your not exactly an active part of this community. if this HIGHLY UNLIKELY change even took place, i dont see fade allowing guys with your type of "membership" anyways. you average around 8 posts a month! im not knocking you, so please dont take that as an attack; im just saying that just because you are a member, that doesnt make you a part of the community.

i am not speaking for fade and i dont know what his take will be, but this doesnt look like even a remote possibility.

gram green

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i aint got to enter yet but do plan to in the next one... if its just the moderators voting im sure to win every comp that i enter as long as cold truth is judging... so your right that might not be fair.... haha im jus playin.. get it... get the joke? anyways .. who does the judging ... i dont even know...

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
I agree with cold, besides the beat this is a competition of this site and those who make it possible should decide how it is run, and those who are most active and are moderating here should be voting..
I'm no moderator, just happened to be fade asked me cause they were short of judges i guess.
I personally am not one to enter competitions cause
a. i dont like em.
b. i rather make just beats
c. i rather work on my projects
d. my style of music wont win.
e. the themes are ussually not hand in hand with rigormortis
f. people think i am a hater lol
g. but no man i am straight dissing!
And i actually dont care, you can win some drums, that is nice, and a interview also nice, but i am not one caring too much about that and is it all worth making a fuzz of this better join my side on the kanye topic.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
i get the joke gram... but in all seriousness, if your beat is hot, it would get my vote regardless.

the mods and the last champ do the judging, but fade will use older members on occasion as he did with rigor mortis on this one.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Sammy, when we first started the Beat This competitions, everyone was allowed to vote. But then what happened was that some of the wins made no sense at all (like Metrosoul). I decided to change the voting because the members were making terrible votes, when I know for a fact that the better beats weren't winning.

Like Cold and Rigor said - once in a while I get random members to vote as well. So basically the judging is done by:

-Staff
-Current Champ
-Random members

I really don't see myself making any changes to the voting, except maybe the point system, etc. But as for who votes - that's not changing.

C

Copenhagen

Hey, I am a mod too, and have voted every comp. since I started out, and I have yet to have my favourite beat win...so hey, it's just a matter of taste and destiny.
Still, the whole point of the comps is this...to HAVE FUN. Of course, people will compete, but the main object is to have fun and even though there is a winner, there will never be any loosers in my book, because everybody competed, had fun and gave their best, and learned from that...and that's the deal.

HCTarks

Wax Mangler
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
why do u need to post to be an active part of the community?.. coming here and reading is active too.. it gives fade the website "hits" that he can pitch to advertisers

E

Equality 7-2521

think of it as a real ife situation. there are ten people standing in a circle. all of them are exchanging ideas back and forth.

then there is one person who is standing outside the circle who is listening to the conversation they are having.

is this person an active part of that small community?

no.

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
damn man!

YOU GOT SERVED!

Equality served you. It's been broughten. you know what that means....

ITS ON!

The Beat This! contests are fun...no one should be getting too salty about this, it's a privilege not a right that this even exists ... Illmuzik fo life essay!

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 12
i feel both sides here. i have also been disappointed with the results before. and not for myself either, but for others who i think should be getting first or second but are getting 5th or not even placing when the beats really deserve it. but again, i realize that my opinion is not everyones. so i can understand that.

i can also see how having all the members vote is a good idea because the votes come from a wider variety of styles and so one member who doesnt like a particular style wont change the results, especially since i understand the places usually differ by just a few votes.

but i can also see how that could get WAY out of hand, with other ppl just votin for their boys beat and not the best beat. and yea, that makes sense that it would suck if members who have like, 3 posts can come on here and cast a vote. then it turns into soundclick. thats EXACTLY what it would be. <b> it would turn into soundclick where we see whack ass beats toppin the charts ALL THE TIME. </b>

so i can understand the arguments on both sides and right now, the current way of judging has a lot less potential to be unfair in my opinion. (although i dont know which one of the two beat this comps Fade was talking about where metrosoul won, and i of course can't hear the other beats, but both of those beats were good in my opinion)

since i cannot listen to the entries of the beat this comps where the whole site was allowed to vote i can only take peoples word on it that the results were biased.

i would like to think that i'm an active member in this community and i would also like to believe that everyone has enough responsibility to vote for the best beat. but maybe this is not the case.

so, unless anyone has any better ideas, i think that right now, the current way has got to remain.

perhaps Fade could bring back the community vote for one competition to see how it goes. although this could lead to the argument of "who is in this community."

<b> perhaps the community could have a say!!! have a poll for the beat this, and give that poll a few points in the overall voting. then also have the moderators and Fade and past beat this comp winner, and random members too if Fade wants to vote as well!!! then everyone can have some say! that is my idea. </b>

Fade, if you would please honor me with your opinion of my idea, that would be excellent. Also, like Equality, i am curious as to how the point system operates.

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
i dont know the votes of all the people but my guess they vote as objective as possible and so did i myself, i listened to originality, skillz and the way the beat and the vocal interacted, whos beat and what opinions those persons might have did not come in to play..

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
I try not to take the Beat This comps seriously,,,I just do it cause its fun and takes me away from the norm of makin trax. I prefer it better then postin in the Showcase because by the time I get to review,,,there's like 1000 beats on there,,LOL,,Seriously, its a fun comp and if ya didnt place or win,,,just try the next time. Who cares who votes? It never bothered me.

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
i VoTED AND iM NoT A JUDGE...
SAMMY: WHAT EXACTLY ARE YoU CoMPLAiNiNG ABoUT.
YoUR ENTRY WAS HoT BUT MERCURY SiMPLY HAD THE BEST ENTRY, YoU SHoULD BE CoNTENT WiTH SEConD AND WoRK ToWARDS THE NEXT CoMP.
THiS iS LiKE THE THiRD BEAT THiS WHERE SoMEBoDY HAS MADE A BiG DEAL oUT oF A CoMPLAiNT STEMMiNG FRoM THE RESULTS.
THiS SiDE BULLSHiT TAKES AWAY FRoM THE CoMPETiTiVENESS oF THE SiTE BECAUSE To BE HoNEST NoBoDY CAN TAKE ANYTHiNG AWAY FRoM THE WiNNER THiS MoNTH, So iT AiNT EVEN FAiR To HiM To BRiNG THiS UP AND ATTEMPT To GET A BANDWAGoN GOinG AND TAiN HiS WoRK AND HiS ViCToRY.CiTY

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 12
guerva, sammy isn't saying we should have won. we dont think we had the best beat. just because he disagrees with the results you automatically assume he thinks HIS was best. well your wrong there. we're not disappointed with our placing, hell, we were happy with third. he's not doing this for himself you know, he's doing it for others who he thinks deserve it.

obviously merc deserves a big congratulations, and nobody is tryin to take anything away from him. this is just A TOPIC which somebody thought needed addressing. it's not any kind of personal attack on merc. it's just an idea that somebody had.

sammy beats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
First of all, I am offended that my membership was brought into question by Cold Truth:

"with 74 posts in the span of a year, your not exactly an active part of this community. if this HIGHLY UNLIKELY change even took place, i dont see fade allowing guys with your type of "membership" anyways. you average around 8 posts a month! "

Just because I dont post on every single thread and post about everything doesn't mean that I am not a part of this community. I am in here reading the forums all the time and I post when I have an opinion that I think needs to be heard as was the case here. I dont necessarily post in every thread that I read. I think that for someone with a phone modem coming in at 24kbps and kicking me offline about once every ten to twenty minutes, I spend more than enough time on this website to be considered an active member.

Secondly, I think that many people think that I started this thread simply because I am a sore loser. I have competed in a few of the competitions and have yet to win, but thats fine with me. I just started this because I think in most cases there has been not 1 but a few beats better than the one that took home the prize.

Last, having less posts doesnt mean you dont have an ear for music. Someone with ten posts can still have an opinion that is as well thought out and valid as someone with 1,500

Status
Not open for further replies.