Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
nimaschine.jpg

Louie Lou

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
I'm a MPC too. LOL
Everyone want to be a MPC. Lets see if they stay around and support this like AKAI. As long as Roland doesn't get their hands on this it will be fine... Maybe. Can't see spending ova 1 grand for something that will only be dope for about 1 or 2 years before it becomes useless.

On the other hand; it looks fresh and might have some fresh features for an album or two.

MagnaOpera

Comes Equipped...
ill o.g.
I'm a MPC too. LOL
Everyone want to be a MPC. Lets see if they stay around and support this like AKAI. As long as Roland doesn't get their hands on this it will be fine... Maybe. Can't see spending ova 1 grand for something that will only be dope for about 1 or 2 years before it becomes useless.

On the other hand; it looks fresh and might have some fresh features for an album or two.
I dont think AKAI came up with the original concept of a music production center...

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
I got to sneak away from work for NAMM for a couple an hours and i got to check out the Maschine for a minute,its has some pretty nice features. The most impressive thing is still a fuckin Neko from Open labs...that thing is ridiculous. Melodyne is still beta testing in March according to there rep and release this fall..

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
i like tha fact that it has usb ins and out, rechargeable battery, sd card useability, mic inputs. does it say anywhere if it has phantom power for the mic inputs? it would take an awesom piece for me to spend anymore $$ on equipment. it has to be nice on the pockets and the os has to be quick as in the user interface. it does look like a souped up asrx. i guess well see here soon.

does anybody plan to buy this when it comes out?

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
yo... fuck what u heard...if the specs im seein stays true, im gettin it... now u guys know if it makes me look twice, three, four times, its got potential... the new specs ive seen are REEEEDDDIIIICCCKKUUUULLLLUUUSSS!!!!

this is allegedly one of its creators that sent this out:

Beat Thang Specs:

2 SD Card Slots that will hold 32Gig each with no load times

USB Connects to any Hard drive, USB keys can also be read and write to

256 MB Ram Stock!

512 Flash for user content on board. Higher if its a custom order

Stereo Mic Line input with Phantom Power

Midi In and Out

USB in and out

Stereo output (Export your tracks to .Wav ) outs can be resampled

Foot Switch

Long Life Rechargeable Battery

16bit 44.1

Sampling, and Resampling of outputs

70mins onboard Tons if you have SD cards

Sequencer:

More notes than we can count at 96PPQ

1000 sequences
500 songs

Individual Bar Length which can be changed in real time even while recording.

Quantize and Swing can be changed in real-time to.

All your Songs, Sequences, Beats, Kits, Patches, Samples and settings that are on your SD cards are always there and show up just like the presets.

13 Pads with Velocity
8 Pad banks per track
16 Tracks

Pad and Track mute and Solo

Mixer with level control FX send, Pan, Pitch Automation, Filter and EQ Automation per Track including (Low Pass, Band Pass, Hi pass, Low Shelf, High Shelf and Notch, Automated Q control to)

Dynamic Kit and Patch creator which is easy and to use. Samples can all have categories (Kicks, Snares Hats etc) App for converting your own samples into the categories and the ability to create your own.

16 Layers per PAD with velocity, pan, pitch ,cut off, res and volume control

Can create multilayerd patches that span a keyboard from one pad or multiple. Each bank can have a different patch (keys and bass or drums and synth )

FX: REVERB, Tempo Sync Delay, Phaser, Flanger, Chorus, Distortion, Rec noise and lo fi, Reverse record, Chopped and Screw'd tube emulation and more. Will be open to 3rd parties

Mastering with 4 band eq and brick wall limiting with gain control

Preset Sounds.....

Grimy dirty stuff and hi res nice clean samples. We recorded strings in
bad ass studios and there are tons of new string chops, Horns and Brass, a ton of Flutes,

Hundreds of new Electric and acoustic guitar patches and chops from WestBound and Motown guitarist LEROY EMMANUEL lmtconnection dot com

Hundreds of New hits and stabs, Crazy sweeps and twisted FX. More Kicks snares and hats than you can count in all genres and different qualities, Vox

REAL BEAT BOX by Chesney Snow

Bass by NADIR distortedsoul

Every Sound a Tabla can make with accurate traditional names
Extensive Latin and African Percussion
Keys ,synths, Old detuned pianos and electric pianos,
Vibes, and organs,

2 Screw holes so it Swangz from a chain

Custom Paint jobs and can custom LED colors

Every Key Lights so you can work in the DARK.

Tons more but im tired of typing.

Ok ok one more lil thing there will be a crazy computer APP too.... Details on that later (Yes it will have a kit builder with drag and drop)

i also seen somewhere, where they said when a bigger SD card comes out, there will be an OS update to accept them... yo, even if HALF of this is in here, its a bargain at $999, which is their focus price point... it does alot of stuff my RS7000 does, plus extra, and im pretty sure it processes faster, PLUS it runs on a laptop battery... it may not replace my RS totally, but i now have something to take with me on the road!

oh yea... did i mention... IM GETTIN IT!!! :cool:

da relic

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
im sure i can sell a couple of my older pieces i dont use anymore. "SLIK" if you get this will you make some vids. i wanna see how the os works and how easy it is to go from idea to beat. do you know if you will be able to audition patches while recording, like punch in and out recording?

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
i still have unanswered question about it... im just as much a skeptic as everyone else, but im gonna give it a chance... im gonna mess around with it at the store a few hours when it comes out and that will be the determining factor... yea, i'll prolly make some vids, but im sure everyone else will as well... itll be well represented online im sure.

da relic

saintjoe

Audio Fanatic...
ill o.g.
whatup slic! Lol I followed you over here bro! You know I'm all over this thang man! I already have the software, and it's a pretty dope little program, knowing it will work with the hardware makes it even better.

The sounds they included are actually pretty dope too. Definitely usable. Kinda reminds me of the first time I ever heard the mophatt after using yamaha and roland for so long....

nothing wrong with yamaha or roland of course, it's just a different sound.

I will def have this thing, and you know I'll be doing videos on it http://beatkangzbeatthang.com for sure.

BTW I'm just a fan like everyone else, websites is what I do so....I had to do it lol.

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
whatup slic! Lol I followed you over here bro! You know I'm all over this thang man! I already have the software, and it's a pretty dope little program, knowing it will work with the hardware makes it even better.

The sounds they included are actually pretty dope too. Definitely usable. Kinda reminds me of the first time I ever heard the mophatt after using yamaha and roland for so long....

nothing wrong with yamaha or roland of course, it's just a different sound.

I will def have this thing, and you know I'll be doing videos on it http://beatkangzbeatthang.com for sure.

BTW I'm just a fan like everyone else, websites is what I do so....I had to do it lol.

cool site, damn you did that just for fun!!

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Looks really dope but seems more fancy in regards to aesthetics than anything else???.....
I imagine theres gonna be a grip of people that wanna buy this thing just cuz it lights up all crazy in the dark...that in itself is a big selling point and sucks a lot of people in i think.

I would of appreciated seeing more details on using the device without the sound library that comes with it. I hate using those sounds anyways, id rather dig my own. They didnt once show a slice feature in the vids I saw yet for samples...im sure they got one, but stuff like that is critical for having a good sampler. Just curious how those particular functions perform in comparison to my MPC?...

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
i agree with u... thats one of the final decision makers for me... i need to know how complex the sampler is... forward, reverse, attack, slice, and multi... i just need too know that its capable, and hopefully see it in action.

da relic

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
lights aint a big thing for me, im on the mpc in the dark all the time. but some of those features do seem tempting............. Will i sell the mpc for this thing? Nope. . . maybe fore the second generation of this though

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Word, Id rather just upgrade my 1000 to a 2500, but i would like to give that thing a test-run.
Im surprised it only has 16 tracks tho, did anyone else notice that?....My tracks typically go to about 20 max usually and the MP allows a shitload.
Anybody catch the max polyphony on the BeatThang as well? I didnt see it.
Thats a big selling point too IMO.
It doesnt do 24 bit either which is a bummer.
My 1000 doesnt either, but if it did i might think of considering it more, not that its a big deal but I have a grip of sounds that I normally have have to downsample in order to use with the MP that I would rather keep at full quality.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
i feel you on the downsampling 24 bit thing. The polyphony would be my biggest concern.

16 tracks does not sound like its gonna cut it though. . . .