Beatmaking and Production

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
I'm just venting, but I see a lot of people mixing those 2 concepts together, when they are not the same at all. I do know that, inthe rap biz, most producers are beatmakers too and most beatmaker tend to learn about production to be able to work on their own tracks... but still, those are two different things.

Beatmaking: Making a beat... just a beat

Producing: Making a song (with the lyircs...)

NobleWordz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
If you make a beat on FL and email it to 2Pac in Cuba your still being credited as the Producer. Same as if you work with a bunch of musicians and never touch a piece of equipment. Producer has such a broad meaning.

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
I'm just venting, but I see a lot of people mixing those 2 concepts together, when they are not the same at all. I do know that, inthe rap biz, most producers are beatmakers too and most beatmaker tend to learn about production to be able to work on their own tracks... but still, those are two different things.

Beatmaking: Making a beat... just a beat

Producing: Making a song (with the lyircs...)

im typikally a beatmaker but always made whole songs, concepts, and lyriks. and had to learn (still am) about the production end of it all so the beats and song etc. sound right.
i wish i could just bang out beats and concepts and had an engineer working at my side.
i would pay 10 wives for that shit son.
peace or at least a piece,
ELDIA

members online