beats demo cd

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
k, ive started takin sum action and am lookin 2 get sum opportunities in da music biz. i wana create demo cds to send out to labels n sum dj's n radio stations. but shud i jus put instrumentals on there or shud dey hav vocals. n shud i copyrite ma stuff b4 sendin it out cuz i dnt tink havin vocal tags on there will please da person listenin. and wen makin da demo, shud i put sum sort of bio in there so let em kno bout maself n dat?

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Afrique, not that I am real pro at this but I have been to my share of events sponsored by the music industry geared towards artists, producers and others involved and have some personal contacts that work within the industry......plain advice to follow, always think about yourself....not to be selfish but cover your bases.....if you created it....protect it.....with every means available....if you let ears far away or around your way hear your work and you aren't there to represent yourself.....I think there was another thread somewhere else I elaborated on.....it's all up to you how you handle your business...but I copyright everything I do.....religiously....30 dollars thats it....I fill up at least 6 cds in a volume of tracks...30 or 40 at a time and have them copyrighted....same thing with vocals.........as far as what you send to a label....if you have just instrumentals I am sure that you can find a way to put some unique signature in there somewhere....they hear this all the time....but if you don't want to and the beat is dope.....and you send that hot cd to em....what do you think......there's lots of nice or not so nice individuals.....maybe not as nice as on here.........that might want to take full advantage of your contribution to their listening session or hungry producer that needs to fulfill obligations on a deadline project....but he can't think of an idea.....but that great A&R might have listened to your song and said ....WOW this is hot...and it's the exact thing I was trying to get our two newly signed producer to create.....Let me call them up and see if they're in the studio so I can take this track over there for them to hear.....man look they might be honest and call you and tell you they want you to come down to the studio or....they might be the shady type that takes YOUR idea and creates or even worse samples that great work...........

voorheezMP

M.ilitia P.roductions
ill o.g.
Yo big d that was a mouth full....lol but right. I'm goin' through that now. Number one "ALWAYZ COPYRIGHT YA SHIT" katz WILL steal. Protect ya neck. You can also send them back to yaself, it holds up in court but not stop there do tha paperz. And voice tag are good to. Do it all.

K

KillaMitrxxx

i'm in the process of sending out a demo cd of my beatz.They copyrightten,vocal tagged,whole nine....Who in da hell do I send em to?Is it best that I just send it to the record labels address, which will probably go to the main office,or should I go about it in a different approach,if there is any?