Beats for a Live shows

light

Producer
ill o.g.
Time after time when i do live shows the sound man tells me i should roll off the bottom end. Im assuming i should cut everything below a certian frequency. Which frequency should i cut too? Are there any other frequencys i should remove? Basically i want to optimize my beats for a PA system. usually we wire into the existing club system, so use a standard club PA for referance.

A

ACEBEATZ

light said:
Time after time when i do live shows the sound man tells me i should roll off the bottom end. Im assuming i should cut everything below a certian frequency. Which frequency should i cut too? Are there any other frequencys i should remove? Basically i want to optimize my beats for a PA system. usually we wire into the existing club system, so use a standard club PA for referance.

A lot of time, beatmakers use sound system from their home and lack of techniques. Most of ''lil'' beatmaker i know have way too bigs and too much bass in their mixes. Maybe your problem is simply there, maybe it is too high, and it eat up the headroom of your mix. Or maybe you played your music with technician that dont do hip-hop. They are not used to this kind of bass. Usually they mostly do rock or so. Before rap, hip-hop and r'n'b it was mostly in cinema you had sub-bass, but nowadayz more it goes more you got subs in everything. Anyway,let's do something. Send me one of your mix you think it's perfect at my email acebeats@videotron.ca. I'll check it and tell you wut to do. Don't be scared i will not stole it, trust me, i got a shit load of beats already!Lol

Holla Ace

light

Producer
ill o.g.
do you use messenger? i only use hotmail and i cant attach a file that big. but i can do file transfers that size. if not ill post up on my website and you can download it.. there is some music playing on my website too if you want to listen to it there but it has been turned to mp3 so i dont know if it will be tru enough for you, authorizedpersonnal.ca.

I usually mix my music so it sounds good in my car (10" subs) and on my monitors (5 1/4" speakers with tweets) and also to my old school little ghetto blaster and on my home system. if it sounds good on all of them then i have my mix.

is there a specific bass roll off i should use for say 10" speakers. now i sound hella amature probalby because each different brand etc probably has different properties but if there was a general guideline that i could use, like cut off everything below 60Hz then i could just apply it to all of them.

im totally interested in hearing your input regarding my beats tho, so lets find a way to transfer files.

A

ACEBEATZ

light said:
do you use messenger? i only use hotmail and i cant attach a file that big. but i can do file transfers that size. if not ill post up on my website and you can download it.. there is some music playing on my website too if you want to listen to it there but it has been turned to mp3 so i dont know if it will be tru enough for you, authorizedpersonnal.ca.

I usually mix my music so it sounds good in my car (10" subs) and on my monitors (5 1/4" speakers with tweets) and also to my old school little ghetto blaster and on my home system. if it sounds good on all of them then i have my mix.

is there a specific bass roll off i should use for say 10" speakers. now i sound hella amature probalby because each different brand etc probably has different properties but if there was a general guideline that i could use, like cut off everything below 60Hz then i could just apply it to all of them.

im totally interested in hearing your input regarding my beats tho, so lets find a way to transfer files.

you're not supposed to roll-off nothing execpt for very particular reason. I gotta listen to something you bring to one of the show where they said you so. enter info2acebeatz.com in your add contact in msn then we'll connect,il'll be there tonite.

Holla Ace