Beats for MTV

sammy beats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
I just got 26 of my beats licensed by MTV for use in Pimp My Ride and a new show called Next. They even asked for more. That doesn't necessarily mean that they will use them, but if they are taking 26 beats, and asking for more, I assume they'll use at least one.

I just wanted to share that because it seems like a good way to not only get some exposure, but to get some green too. I have an agent that got me the gig so if you want to go that route, you will probably benefit by getting an agent.

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Daaammnn! That's like my favorite show son! That's smooth ish! I hope that it works out for you in the long run. Congrats!!!
ONE

sammy beats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
I got lucky because one of my distant cousins is an agent for this kind of thing. But I'm sure there are agencies that do this type of thing. My advice is to try and find a small agency with a fairly small client list. That way, your agent will have more time for you and will work harder to get your stuff to buyers.

Here's an example of an agency that might benefit you, although this one is pretty big.
http://www.lukehits.com/

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
sammy beats said:
I got lucky because one of my distant cousins is an agent for this kind of thing. But I'm sure there are agencies that do this type of thing. My advice is to try and find a small agency with a fairly small client list. That way, your agent will have more time for you and will work harder to get your stuff to buyers.

Here's an example of an agency that might benefit you, although this one is pretty big.
http://www.lukehits.com/

i have heard some good things about them.. 4 th time i heard them mentioned this week

orpheus

Cook Classics
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 39
sammy beats said:
I just got 26 of my beats licensed by MTV for use in Pimp My Ride and a new show called Next. They even asked for more. That doesn't necessarily mean that they will use them, but if they are taking 26 beats, and asking for more, I assume they'll use at least one.

I just wanted to share that because it seems like a good way to not only get some exposure, but to get some green too. I have an agent that got me the gig so if you want to go that route, you will probably benefit by getting an agent.

Yeah man I got some beats that are gonna be on NEXT too. Question tho.... I don't have an agent, but are you gettin paid for that shit? If so how much are you gettin and how would you recommend goin about negotiations without an agent? Thanks man. peace

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Definitly a good thing... Now maybe it'll help Xzibit not look like such a cornball.... I like the mans music but the acting is horrible on pimp my ride... But yo, good to see that your makin the moves brotha, keep it up..

bassic

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Nice 1 man thanx for the link too the agency aswell

yo dawg i aint hatin but i jus heard ur soundclick!!!!!!!!!!!How u get on MTV wit em they sound like ringtones

members online