Beats: Motivation & Plans

Dusty B

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 37
For now, even though I do have Spotify / Soundcloud accounts where I drop my beats, I concentrate myself on learning and experiencing. I think it is a long journey and for each and every beat created you learn something and get better at one (tiny) little thing. With that you can build upon and become a better maker. I promised myself to keep my uniqueness as I do not want to fall into the stereotype/factory-line type of creation that some may fall into.

If it generates income, that's bonus. At the end of the day I am happy with that I create and just throw it out there for some people to enjoy as well if possible. I have a "don't-give-a-fuck" mentality about this (now not saying I don't care about feedback and stuff, more like if you think it's trash, then next guy might think it's dope).

With that said, I am curious... Anyone had received a Record label deal proposition ?
Cheers on the don't give a F mindset.

I'd also be curious to hear from others how they were able to get a deal, or get a big project, etc. and what route they took.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
With that said, I am curious... Anyone had received a Record label deal proposition ?
I'd also be curious to hear from others how they were able to get a deal, or get a big project, etc. and what route they took.

Interscope started following me once.

...and then I stopped posting. :woot::unsure::rolleyes:

Dunno how they stumbled on me... I did partake in an aftermath remix comp where I was top6 I think (top 10 would allegedly be listened to by Dr Dre himself.)

Other kind of opportunities I had came from networking face to face... had a CEO/A&R of a big independent tell me to send him some music.*

This is important too - if someone has asked you to send them stuff, you're infinitely more likely that they're actually going to listen to your stuff. As opposed to being some random person landing in someone's inbox unsolicited.

members online