Become the media

Leopard Cohen

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 20
Another little weekend jam - trying to go a bit harder on this one.
As always, constructive criticism welcome. Still figuring how to even out the sound between headphones, earbuds, and studio monitors.

Edit: swapped out snare and added delay

Last edited:

Leopard Cohen

ILLIEN
The drums feel so great. The vocals and melodic chops as well. I feel the last synth layer could a bit more excitement with different panning or delay. Just mho. But again: feels so great I listened to it 3 times in a row.
Thanks Kane!

Yeah, I hear what you mean on the lead synth - lemme try a few things, add some interest to it.

Leopard Cohen

ILLIEN
I think the snare could snap a bit harder. Really like this beat, has a real authentic oldskool feel to it. The vocal samples are a little loud. The drum rolls are dope. This sounds like a mashup between Diamond D and Premier. Nice work.
Appreciate it 2GooD - also for your feedback on my other track. Y'all are making me more aware of how stuff fits in the mix and I'm learning something new every time I check this forum. Peace.

BiggChev

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 10
The horn/brass lead bit feels a bit flat. Some reverb or automation might bring it to life a bit more. I feel like it just sits tooo much on top rather than blending and weaving in nicely with the other sounds.

Drums sound dope, but a bit to straight ahead. There's definitely some swing in there, but they aren't swinging against anything. Some hats or percs would definitely help to accentuate the groove.

Sample selection, chops and everything else sounds super dope. Just that brassy lead that comes in at the 12 second mark could possibly be re-worked.