Beginning my beat Journey!

Queenofex

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Peace everyone it's been a minute. Fade I love the white and blue it feels refreshing.

I wanted to dabble a little bit in the craft of beat making I'm new to this and wanted to find out what can be a good beginning..

Now of course I've tried somethings on my own like FL STUDIO BLAH!
I even tried Albelton Suite 8.2.1 and I'm seeing that these online programs are not my favs so maybe something hands on will be in my lane.

Thanks guys

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Queenofex welcome back... if you're just trying it out, I think either a Roland SP-404SX or a MPC1000 would be a great start. They both will sample anything, not just drums and you'll have the right tools to actually make a beat without a big investment. If you're pretty sure this is something that you want to do - then Maschine would be a better choice for starting out.

Any DAW (like FL Studio, Reason, Ableton, Logic or whatever) is all about knowing their FULL potential. The important thing is finding one that you like and are confident using. Your workflow will be an essential part of your happiness.

Queenofex

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
MPC? You mean Maschine right?

Ok Maschine is new to me. I seriously thought you meant something different. lol

Queenofex welcome back... if you're just trying it out, I think either a Roland SP-404SX or a MPC1000 would be a great start. They both will sample anything, not just drums and you'll have the right tools to actually make a beat without a big investment. If you're pretty sure this is something that you want to do - then Maschine would be a better choice for starting out.

Any DAW (like FL Studio, Reason, Ableton, Logic or whatever) is all about knowing their FULL potential. The important thing is finding one that you like and are confident using. Your workflow will be an essential part of your happiness.

DACCCCCC Whattsss GOODDIE??!! It has been a minute. And ok I see...Yea Ableton is the program that I've got the farthest in so I know a few things but I'm still learning. Ok I will check into those Mpc's because my subconcious is telling me thats what you need. And I am really serious about this so I willing to go high and low and expierence what ever to find my balance with this..

Oh whats your budget?

I know budget is important but if I know the cost I will make it happen.

Queenofex

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
yea I own it, in fact the track I just sent you was done in it, as was this track

http://drunkpedestrians.bandcamp.com/track/with-precision-feat-b-mac-and-kre8-da-redbeerd

Also this song was done on Maschine

YouTube - "D.O.A (Death of Auto-Tune)" Official Video FINAL CUT

What questions do you have?

Word....Wow No-Id used this to make DOA
Ok so can I use samples? Can I use Vinyl if I wanted to? Can I input more instruments? I see its compatible with pc and a laptop...Do I need any additional programs and plug ins? Um I guess I have to get this to see the real deal. But I'm not sure what else to ask if I did I would...

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
well you still need an audio interface, then you can sample vinyl right in to the maschine software. But you should get one of those anyway so you can hook up a mic and record your rhymes.

Headphones are ok to start but as you can I would get real speakers.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I have Maschine....It is the marriage between FL Studio and an MPC....

I now make all kinds of beats...and with VST support, it's an unstoppable force....

I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

But...welcome to the world of beat making....

BTW that's me with Maschine in my avatar.