Behringer's not done with 2019

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Well they blatantly cloned other companies designs with worse parts. Their quality was just not up to par AT ALL. I still would not use their pre amps or anything. And other than the Deepmind most of their synths are straight clones. But geeze they own Midas and TC electronics now...so yea that's some quality companies. I also don't work in that industry anymore so I probably just don't care as much about the politics of it all. Although I still say Fuck AKAI. They HATE their customers.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Good to know. I remember hearing about Behringer's shoddy products way back but they seem good now.

As for AKAI, I'm not surprised. Actually I think you mentioned that a while ago when you were with Sweetwater, right? I've reached out to them over the years for sponsoring and other stuff and not once have they ever even acknowledged me. That's not good business!

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
Yea when I worked for Sweetwater, Akai just had a terrible attitude about their customer base. I literally heard AKAI executives refer to their customers as "Dumb ass beat makers", and here I was a Midwestern white boy that loved hip hop. How do you respond to that?? The Roger Linn era MPC's (so MPC 60-300) are not even the same company AKAI is now. IMHO the last product they made with soul was the 2000xl and that was the first non Roger Linn MPC. Their pads are just not musical now at all. But the MPC 60 and 3000 were amazing instruments in their own right and started a revolution in music that everyone on this site benefits from to this day.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
That's crazy of them to say that. It's kind of like Panasonic/Technics with how they treated DJs by releasing a super expensive 1200 rather than something affordable that DJs made popular to begin with.

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
maybe we need a new thread but this vinyl thing is really interesting from an artist perspective. It costs quite a lot more to get in to but the profits are soooo much better than CD or digital. Drunk Pedestrians albums have always been profitable but I am doing the next one as a vinyl and digital release it is costing so much, but I bet it will make the most of any record I have put out. So its cool to give artists some more tools to make money. And thats the struggle right? Its tough to make a living in this business but vinyl sure helps.

members online