Belly of the Beast - I need a critic plz

Flip G

Nzyte
still practicing... getting my hours in... help me get dope illmuzik AnRs!

[IMG]

BiggChev

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 10
Preface: I'm not a fan, at all, of trap....

...That being said the kick doesn't fit to me. An 808/909 or something a bit more analog sounding would fit nicer with the trap style drums.

Otherwise, the beat itself is great. Serves the song. Strings sound great. I hear some chimey piano pieces that fill out the mix nicely.

I don't like to comment on vocals, because that's not my area of interest/expertise, but I think you could pick out a few of the vocal motifs and really hone them to tell an animated story. There are some great syncopated rhythms and flows, but they seem to switch arbitrarily. Very 808s+Heartbreak vibe.

Maybe explore some call+answer structuring while switching flows/cadences. Overall, good song. I like it.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
This is hot.

Ignore anyone who says otherwise. This is tuff.

Potentially the bass or low end of kick could hit a tad more. But it's generally just tuff af.

Great work.

I decided that after 10 seconds and listened to this start to finish out of joy.

VVS

Banned
Battle Points: 133
If the snare is not cutting through the mix, you have overlapping frequencies. Try using a different kick or switching up the bass. Don't be afraid to use compression to glue your mix together.