Best Album eva

trinidad

The Last B-Boy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
MarkN said:
well first off, i don't think you can call it too short i mean its got the same number of tracks as illmatic which is easily a classic album, i don't think you need like 18-20 songs per album thats when you get all this filler id much rather have a shorter quality album and the reason they put the live version of food on is because before it was released everyone was saying how the live version was better and had a better feel to it etc !

TRUE, howeva i think ill matic is short 2 but thats my best ev a for much more than the material it was what the album did for me in general as a hip hop fan, that cd is the reason i do music now, i wouldn't change it 4 nothing but i dont think a few more songs would have hurt it either, as fo Be, it is very dope but i think the 11 songs aren't holding it up enough, theres a few short songs, and i thought at the end of it the cd left me wanting more, the beats were dope but at times some of kanyes production was a bit bland, either way i love cd, common (hes loke my second favorite rapper, afta nas) alone makes up for whateva mistakes they made, thats y i said the next is gonna be the definition of com that real classic shyt, hands down though be is the best cd this year so far,

LEJENDERY

Da Beast on da Beatz
ill o.g.
best album

of the many, many, many albums - it's almost impossible to narrow it down to just one album being da best.. no disrespect to THE SCORE and ILLMATIC, but when u think of best album u think of the best artist.... hands down, LIFE AFTER DEATH is the best album(hip-hop).. think of how many trends is set musically. e.i. King of New York

N.Y.S.O.M.

A Beat Nut
ill o.g.
LEJENDERY said:
of the many, many, many albums - it's almost impossible to narrow it down to just one album being da best.. no disrespect to THE SCORE and ILLMATIC, but when u think of best album u think of the best artist.... hands down, LIFE AFTER DEATH is the best album(hip-hop).. think of how many trends is set musically. e.i. King of New York

u mean Ready to Die fam

ill o.g.
damn ... where the f*ck is doggystyle at, snoop used to flow his ass off. " this for the g'z and this is for tha hustla'z, this is for tha hustla'z now back to tha g'z "

C

Carpe Diem

violent by design
illmatic
only built for cuban linx
the psycho-social..........
the score

DJ Xsinna

The Big Bang-BINO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 43
KiCk plus SnaRe said:
damn ... where the f*ck is doggystyle at, snoop used to flow his ass off. " this for the g'z and this is for tha hustla'z, this is for tha hustla'z now back to tha g'z "

Man!! How in the world could I have forgotten that joint?? I need some Nyquil or something! As far as westcoast rap in concerned that bangs! NWA's first album and Chronic!! Good lookin' dogg!

Ca$h Pacasso

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Ready To Die was definately a classic but not in my top 5 albums. "Juicy" was my shit and not cause it got the most play on the radio but because it was the only song on the album that BIG really had something inspiring to say. But the album is a great album nonetheless.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
ok is it my eyes or has Cash Pacasso been the only one to mention PAC?

this is ridiculous. people are talkin about Outkast and Fugees in this thread but fail to mention 2pac?

PAC WAS THE GREATEST RAPPER OF ALL TIME and ALL EYEZ ON ME shits on alot of the suggestions in this thread (no disrespect at all, just sayin how it is)

trinidad

The Last B-Boy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Rhythmikal said:

this is ridiculous. people are talkin about Outkast and Fugees in this thread but fail to mention 2pac?

PAC WAS THE GREATEST RAPPER OF ALL TIME and ALL EYEZ ON ME shits on alot of the suggestions in this thread (no disrespect at all, just sayin how it is)

beST pAC ALBUM HANDS DOWN IN MY EYES, me AGAINST THE WORLD, DAT JOINT WAS DEEP, ALL EYES ON ME WAS DOPE BUT THE SECOND CD OF IT WAS A BIT EHH...., OH N I ALMOST 4 GOT MAKAVELI WAS HIS SECOND BEST

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
2pac is a strange one everyone seems to have a different view on what his best album is and some don't mention him at all ! im not even sure what my favourite album of his but yea at least one of his albums gotta b classic !
i prefer a few of his over life after death i never really did like that album i always thought ready to die was better, so i definately wouldn't call it the best album ever !

JP hardboiled

Find Your Fight
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 297
"Me Against the World" is the Illest and realest hip hop album to me. So I agree w/ Trinidad. Pac shows soooo many sides on that album from his suicidal thoughts in "shed so many tears" to some political talk in "me against the world" to a dedication to the old school in "old school." That album is the epitome of hip hop or more specifically art in general to me. The music reflects life and the album is something you can learn from. Most rappers nowadays can't even stay on topic for 1 verse knowadays and don't say anything of value to society. They either rap some abstract b.s. which people don't understand at all, like looking at some wack abstract art, about money, hoes, and how hard they are, or they just battle rhyme. Gets boring to me so I listen to a lot of rock music. Pac rapped about life and what was actually going on in the world. He rapped to inform people just didn't rap about the money, hoes, what a tough guy he was, some abstract b.s., or just battle rhymes. His art reflected life so in that way it could help people understand life. Now w/ artists its the other way around life reflects art. People wanna copy these rappers and artists who are just painting an unrealistic picture of life.

Ca$h Pacasso

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Rhythmikal said:

Definately Co-Sign that shit. Pac was the Greatest!!!!!!!!! Most imitated but never duplicated...Signing Off