bEST ALBUM OF THE YEAR

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
Streets Disciple.

hands down, allthough i give luda the two best songs of the year with "Child Of The Night" and "Hopeless".

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
whattup fam - here's my input;

"Kanye West - College Dropout" (masterful mixture of entertainment and fun with meaning and personal experiances/expression. Very well produced and Kanye has a catchy flow and he rhymes well by himself or alongside the dope guest appearances. Excellent album)

honourable mentions;

Lil' Wayne - Tha Carter
Gift Of Gab - 4th Dimensial Rocketships Going Up
Jim Jones - On MY Way to Church
Young Buck - Straight Outta Cashville
Lloyd Banks - The Hunger For More
Madvillain - Madvillainy
Eminem - Emcore

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Talib Kweli - Beutiful Struggle and Nas - Street's Disciple, Eminem was a huuuuge disapointment i might put that on worst albums of 2004

T

The Bastard

itd be ill if we had like an illmuzik music awards show type thing on that radio station i.m. got up. u could vote for all the nominees n shit then a track gets played of theres after they win. have ill muzik categorries n shit

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
rhythmikal - yea that album woz actually tight i bought that !

as for my albums of the year....

jay-z - black album woz good
kanye west college dropout is probably the commercial album of the year and it is a real good albu anyway !
I havent heard the nas yet roll on 25th of december lol so i can't comment on that !
Personally i have been playing little brother the listening and murs 3:16 A LOT this year not sure if they were both released this year tho cant remember ! but both dope albums so they would be my personal albums of the year !
and i thought the eminem album woz pretty tight even though it got slated tho its by no means the best album of the year !

L-LaMENT

Audio Artistic Slave
ill o.g.
- THE ROOTS: THE TIPPING POINT

- KANYE WEST: COLLEGE DROPOUT

- MOS DEF: THE NEW DANGER

- RJD2: SINCE WE LAST SPOKE

- K-Os: JOYFUL REBELLION (THIS IS PROBLABLY MY TOP PICK!!!!)

- SUPASTITION: THE DEADLINE EP

- CEE-LO: THE SOUL MACHINE

- N.E.R.D.: FLY OR DIE (Some people might not consider this hip hop but it is to me...this album came from tha soul for real!)

- SLUM VILLAGE: DETROIT DELI

- ALCHEMIST: 1ST INFANTRY

M

MIKELABZ

DJ J POE said:
I also checked out that album and it's lovely. The best album of the year I'll have to go with my mans Mighty Mos Def. He's on another level and still bring the heat. I'm feeling the album.

East Ova...

MOS DEF AINT BEEN HOT SINCE BLACKSTAR.....

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
I gotta go with KANYE WEST: COLLEGE DROPOUT, cuz he dropped a new vibe that wasnt there before... and K-Os: JOYFUL REBELLION (THIS IS also PROBLABLY MY TOP PICK!!!!) cuz he just did his thing on it... as he wanted it!!!

and it's still a nice listen, a good change from all that new, prefabricated, copy pasted type of hiphop coming out these days!