Best Digger

dj ShorTbuS

Cold Get Retarded
ill o.g.
what about Thes One & Double K from P.U.T.S.? They always come with some correct shit.

bhunt

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
DJ shawdow and RJDS have the sample skills on lock. I remeber them saying he had the spidey sense in stratch movie. Other than that. Beatminers, Buckwild, anybody who takes a record that people passed over and made it hot. Timbo has some sick sampling too.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
stoupe premier and rza DIDDY WHAA..I hated them beats..in one more chance that sample wuznt even flipped it sounded exactly like the original song and hypnotized wuznt flipped to much either...u cant insult the producers who really flip the craziest shyt into the craziest beats by sayin diddy or whoever produced for him is the best..

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Premier is a dope digger, same with Large Professor(has access to Premo's collection). Showbiz and Diamond D etc.

RZA usally samples the same Kind of stuff, alot of Stax and stuff. He doens't sample much unknown things.

Da IllFellaz

Knee Deep In Da Beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 125
alchemist n premo flip em da best to me. kanye dont do a bad job at findin shit either. just blaze kills vinyl. i seen dre's vinyl n he aint playin around. neither is hi tek. anyone who is really in da game movin units basically knows wat they doin when it comes to flippin.

nomezzy

N

nevaspend

seems like most of you are basing your replies on your fav producers moreso than people who are actually deep diggers. the reality of it is that most of the deepest diggers are people who aren't even making records. cats like soulman, kon, amir, beni b, dusty kid, dan the beatman, and i could go on for days. i doubt you will find very many producers that can hold a candle to these guys collections. alot of people think alc is a deep digger but he'd be the first to tell you he doesn't spend alot of loot on wax, whereas cats like shadow and rd live in the bins. and if you were gonna base it on cats who are actually making records, how come no one mentioned some of the most notorious diggin artists/producers like q-tip, buckwild, showbiz, extra p, biz markie (one of the illest collectors by far), mr walt, evil d, finesse, etc etc. its a known fact that all of these cats are deep in the crates.

at the end of the day this question is virtually impossible to answer without actually seeing or having firsthand knowledge of people's crates. and keep in mind, having alot of wax doesn't mean you have good wax.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Flipping samples a proper way is sort of an oxymoron though I mean you flip a sample an make it sound good depending.....to me the samplists that impress me are ones that either leave very little of the original song intact.....but just enuff of it to think you know where it came from but you would never guess....I am not impressed by taking a huge chunk of an original song and making a beat from that...thats just me.

This my list though.

Pete Rock (lots of songs constructed purposely and made indistinguishable during the days when producers negotiated around the people trying to sue hip hop producers.)
Primo
Jay d
RZA
Madlib
9th wonder (i heard some of his beats that are on the underground and some of the ones that did not make the black album, he is good at melting sounds together)
Alchemist is dope too, he impresses me with what he picks and how to use it.

S

Svenghali

Alchemist, Premier (nobody does it like Primo), Just Blaze, Havoc, Madlib to name a few.

N

nevaspend

Svenghali said:
Alchemist, Premier (nobody does it like Primo), Just Blaze, Havoc, Madlib to name a few.
again, this looks/sounds like a list of your fav producers not necessarily deep diggers (with the exception of premier and madlib)