Best Drum Kits

2infamouz

Mad Beats, No Angry Vegetables
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
What r u all workin with? the only real useful drums kits i have r J dilla, trick daddy n Zhetoven...Any suggestions??

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
mmmm, I would recommend going to some sound sites and buying some to get started.

I have so many drums I dont even really know what kits they came from anymore..

But the more you collect the better, you could check out soundsandgear.com they do reviews of sound kits there before you go and buy them and the reviewer is a member here as well.

2infamouz

Mad Beats, No Angry Vegetables
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
aight thanks ill check some reviews out ...

ess vinyl

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
sorry to change the subject but, try to start making ur own drum kits from vinyl, trust me its worth it. u will get hooked

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
over the years, i basically took the drum sounds that i didnt have out of different kits and saved them... i have no idea where any of them came from... since we all can filter our drums in various ways, its rare i look for anything now... feels like a waste of time now at this point.

da rerlic

Krazyfingaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
I havnt collected any drum kits in about al,ost a year. been making my own kits seeing as tho alot of kits i got for free and bought all have similar drums which became pointless so yea I also agree. make your own kits.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Sounds in HD collection...they be some crispy drums...

Smokers Deelight (classic)

Got a Soul Drum breaks library (from here I think)

Layering all of these gets your best sound....always layer layer layer..

ess vinyl

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Sounds in HD collection...they be some crispy drums...

Smokers Deelight (classic)

Got a Soul Drum breaks library (from here I think)

Layering all of these gets your best sound....always layer layer layer..

good pointer my man

layering is KEY to getting full sound, but u gotta do that shit proper! for anyone that dont know...

dont mix the same type of kicks, put low kicks with middy kicks and popping kicks, if u put a bunch of low kicks together it with sound like a muddy pile of shit and most likely clog up your bass and make it a lil harder to mix in with the bass line

also with snares i like to layer fast attack snappy and clappy snares or subtle claps on top of snares. it gives it that SNAP punch u in the face type ish when it comes time to add some compression

i dont layer hi hats that much becus most of my hi hats already sound good, if its a very smooth neutral sounding hat but sounds good, ill probably add some electronic hi hat on top of it like an 808 for the attack and presence of the hhi hat to give it a lil edge

full is better than thin, if any drums are too powerful, u can always cut at the end with ur equalizer

saintjoe

Audio Fanatic...
ill o.g.
I buy drums, I make drums, I layer drums lol... it all depends on what ya need lol.

there are some dope libraries out here, and dope break collections that you can use to create drums. Heck that "all the breaks" cd has most of the classic drum breaks on it, chop them joints up.

but if you want commercial sounding stuff, vinyl won't give you that! I love it all so it just depends on the job lol.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
I buy drums, I make drums, I layer drums lol... it all depends on what ya need lol.

there are some dope libraries out here, and dope break collections that you can use to create drums. Heck that "all the breaks" cd has most of the classic drum breaks on it, chop them joints up.

but if you want commercial sounding stuff, vinyl won't give you that! I love it all so it just depends on the job lol.

uh Joe this would be a good time for you to do a shameless plug....

isaacpark

ill o.g.
Kits that I use.

I make a lot of underground acoustic piano type beats with maybe some electro elements and lately i've been using the combination of 9th wonder kits and 808's.
It provides deep and long-dragging bass from the 808's and the dynamics of the percussion from the 9th wonder kits.

members online