Best news Ive heard today...

Facebook is collapsing, laying off 12,000 staff.
Fucking place is cancer, cant wait to see it go the way of myspace

Last edited:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Facebook is collapsing, laying off 12,000 staff.
Fucking place is cancer, cant wait to see it go the way of myspace
Yeah I saw that this morning, it's hilarious. All social media needs to die, it's such a waste of time. People fighting over stupid shit. Twitter is next. Musk has no idea what the hell he's doing and it's going to be awesome to see it all come down.

FB was good when it first came out. Finding old friends, classmates, etc but the novelty wore off pretty fast. It was a good experiment but it didn't work. But that's business. You try and if it doesn't work, move on. But people can't let go of social media.

I was asking someone this the other day - what if all of a sudden there was no social media and no news sites? What would you do online? I think the internet should be a tool to use when we need it, not something we live our lives inside of.

I'm assuming the same thing happened to a lot of tech companies during the pandemic and now that things are cooling off, shit like this happens.
Yeah definitely, I think they thought they would get away with lockdowns for years, oh, they did, but I mean many more years.
It couldnt have happened to a nicer bunch of self righteous arseholes.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I think it was yesterday I read about Twitter claiming the numbers are up, who knows. But he could be lying since advertisers are leaving. Either way this is going to be great seeing it burn.

I think it was yesterday I read about Twitter claiming the numbers are up, who knows. But he could be lying since advertisers are leaving. Either way this is going to be great seeing it burn.
Activists using advertisers as their stick is a big problem with the modern world as a whole, not just tech companies.
The advertisers will go crawling back when their bottom lines take a hit. A vast majority of those that threatened to quit wont, because they are addicted to getting that attention.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I also heard that many of those that ran to alternatives are now shivering in the corner due to seeing widespread use of the N-Word.
Not surprised. This is why social doesn't work, none of it. People can't behave online and just follow simple rules, even on here. It's frustrating to see how much social media has really changed people into full on disrespectful nutjobs.

Not surprised. This is why social doesn't work, none of it. People can't behave online and just follow simple rules, even on here. It's frustrating to see how much social media has really changed people into full on disrespectful nutjobs.
Whatever happened to live and let live, and accepting views that are different from our own?
What happened to respectful disagreement? If I stopped being friends with everybody I had a disagreement with Id have zero friends.

Parents keeping their kids inside, wrapped in cotton wool away from the horrible world has led to a generation that cannot accept that others may disagree with them.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
There @Fade have always been disrespectful nutjobs but social media gave them an amen corner for the rambling they used to do, currently do, and would have done on any street corner.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I @2GooD Productions can accept different views but I ain't with the "tolerance" BS. I shouldn't have to "tolerate" anyone regardless. For instance, if I know someone can cause literal physical, etc. harm to me, I'm not trying to be anywhere they can attack me. People can fuck off with that shit.

There @Fade have always been disrespectful nutjobs but social media gave them an amen corner for the rambling they used to do, currently do, and would have done on any street corner.
Its created echo chambers where people never get to see views different from their own and so think that everything they believe is right and everybody else agrees with them, and if you dont then you are an enemy, an extremist in the minority.

I @2GooD Productions can accept different views but I ain't with the "tolerance" BS. I shouldn't have to "tolerate" anyone regardless. For instance, if I know someone can cause literal physical, etc. harm to me, I'm not trying to be anywhere they can attack me. People can fuck off with that shit.
being able to tolerate views and lifestyles different to your own is what tolerance is all about. Opinions arent violence, violence is violence.
Western tolerance and acceptance of a wide range of views is what made the free world free.
Our tolerance has been weaponised against us.
Nobody should be forced to tolerate evil. But we are bordering on politics here, and although Im apolitical, Ive been warned too many times and dont want to cross any lines again.

members online