Best PC brand to go with??

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Cop a Mac if you can afford it. Of course you'll have to say "bye bye" to pirated shit but if you got the money then it's aiight.

What ever u do don't fall into the "quadcore" trap unless you're looking toward the future. I got a quad but I'm hoping Windows 7 will make a difference. Right now 64 bit makes no diff because its really not supported by alot of music software and of course Vista is terrible. I'm dual booting with windows xp on a PC with 7 Gigs but I only get a little over three because of Windows XP 32 bit. I think I would get more of my memory with XP 64 but again not too many programs are supported with 64 bit and I don't want the headache of finding out which programs work and which don't. Microsoft needs to catch da fuck up forreal and give the people a new OS without limits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a damn shame people have to keep reverting back to XP.

saintjoe

Audio Fanatic...
ill o.g.
alot of companies are starting to support 64 bit vist/windows 7 so that's an option. Of course mac is always an option too, you know most apps support mac.

I don't think there is a "best" I think there is a "what works best for you and your budget"

After much deliberation, I'm probably going to build my own pc for my music stuff, even though many programs run on 64 bit windows, most still don't take advantage of the extra ram addressing available so it doesn't really matter.

4gb of ram is still good, and powerful enough to run many studios. Unless you're running tons and tons of fx all the time, but getting a good dsp/pci card can help with that.

As far as the brands, they are all pretty much the same now days, dell, hp, sony, acer, etc...all good and have some preconfigured machines that are pretty powerful.