Best Producers at the moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-UK

Um........
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Who does everyone think are the illest producers around at the moment? Mine would have to be Timbaland and Skitz. Timbaland because he is always improving and puts together beats that no one else can, and Skitz because he gets all the best rappers on his tracks and his style is different to everyone elses. Also who does everyone think is over-rated?

Barock

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Well, I don't like Timbaland simpley because I don't like keyboard-beatz. I mena some of his beats are fresh, but I don't like the idea of a former dj who does not use any real scratches and makes them (bdaly) with his mouth. I like Alchemist and Premier by the way and I hate Swissbeatz, Manni Fresh and the Mster P Producers...

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
Hmmm at the moment??... cant really think of anything, Jazzy Jeff's album is pretty tight though, so id have to say Jeff holds it down.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Good question. But since I haven't heard anything good lately, I'm drawing a blank over here. I did hear the new Slum Village single and it's FRESH. So I guess I'd have to say Jay-Dee. :D

stabster

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I also heard slum villages new single wich was pretty tight!
so jay dee, primo, hi tek, alchemist, rjd2 and so many more

E

Edtv

lotta cats holdin it down right now,
as always, premier, and pete rock,
but also rjd2, alchemist, stoupe, necro, are making dope shit right now.

Barock

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I don't like PeteRock anymore, he uses Sample CD'S! I used to like him a lot but noe...?

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
the way i see it... if pete wants to use sample cd's its all good in my book.. the man's a fuckin legend. he's done the sample thing to death, maybe he just wants to try something new. besides he still makes extremly dope beats.

PS: there is too much taboo on using non-vinyl sources. i dont see what the problem is, especially if its a drum cd... who cares? if its dope then its dope.. so fuck this strictly digging for records. use what you can money permitting.

JPeg

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
pete using samples CD's where did u hear that u got a URL link for the article that came from?
Plus what CD'd he using?

As for dope producers Jay Dee fasho, Madlib, MF Doom, Premo, Pete Rock, Alchemist!

People seem to be sleeping on madlib WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!

S

superglue782

Man Jay Dee didn't do much of the new SV record from what I hear... I got the "Tainted" 12 and it was produced by Scott Storch. Storch is dope, and from what I've heard has done a lot of ghost production with Dr Dre...

Right now, Im feeling (same as above) Jay Dee, Alchemist, Scott Storch, Hi Tek, the cat from Jedi Mind Tricks, Crest One etc.
All time: Primo, Extra P, Pete Rock, Bill Laswell, Ced G, Marley Marl, Axelrod, Showbiz, Diamond D man I could go on haha...

peace Crest One

joeburnem

Beat Enthusiast
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
top producers

I got to say Ayatollah, Diamond D, Show & Just Blaze (Just Fire, Roc The Mic & U Don't Know.... Lava Hot!)

1000Megahertz

Im feeling Kanye West right now, my man that be producing Jay-Z
The pharell is holding it down right now too

S

SOUL PROFESS

:rolleyes: cats im feeling right now is alchemist,pete rock, primo, just blaze, ty phyfe, dan the automator, by the way when is alchemist gonna drop some new shit . ???

S

superglue782

I've been digging Chops from Mountain Brothers lateley. He's got the funk and he plays his shit out for all you sample haters...

Mountain Brothers

D

DJ HART

My favourite producer right now i think is Jermaine Dupri. He make HOT BEATS.
:cool:

But im wondering what is doing DR.DRE, his last productions doesnt sound too good...
I dont know what is he thinking... :eek:

Helios

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Best producer at the moment : Juicy J and Dj Paul from memphis

I wonder what kind of equipment they use

P

pissoncomercial

WHO I THINK ARE THE BEST PRODUCERS AT THE MOMENT

I DONT KNOW WHY ANY ONE WOULD NOT SAY THE BEST FRIGGIN PRODUCER IS PETE ROCK. PROBABLY NEXT WOULD BE PREMIER AND THERE ARE OTHERS THAT ARE OK OUT THERE BUT THATS PRETTY MUCH IT. I MEAN CMON ITS NOT HARD TO MAKE BEATS AND THERE HAS TO BE SOMEBODY OUT THERE THATS GONNA BE THE NEXT PETE BUT HIP HOP IS DEAD AND WE NEED A MIRACLE.

V

vizibl_not

i'm feelin' all 3 co-flow catz,jay dee,madlib,but el-p's a tuff mfcka dat's my word!!!i used to give props to the e dobl for epmd's four firsts lp's

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online