Best software for creating a mixtape

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Yo! I need some suggestion on software to create a mixtape. I've knocked off the dust and have been getting back in the clubs DJing lately. I've had a lot of people come up during and after the gig wanting to buy mixtapes. I use ableton live which allows me to record the whole nights set on the fly.

I need to know what software to use to break say an 80 minute long recording up to individual tracks. I guess I need a program that I can insert track markers so the mixtape plays like a regular cd as opposed to an 80 minute long song.

Any and all suggestions welcomed! And thanks in advance.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Not sure Kontents. I'm guessing I need an audio editor where I can break up a 80 minute mix into individual tracks after the fact. It would probably make the 80 minute mix into 16 tracks and would allow me to fade out of one into the next. So I'm assuming it would allow me to cut of slice the mix up.

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Not sure Kontents. I'm guessing I need an audio editor where I can break up a 80 minute mix into individual tracks after the fact. It would probably make the 80 minute mix into 16 tracks and would allow me to fade out of one into the next. So I'm assuming it would allow me to cut of slice the mix up.

Yea Adobe can edit audio files and allow you to chop sessions up as individual files or tracks. Or you can use Acid like 2good and trip balls.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Yea Adobe can edit audio files and allow you to chop sessions up as individual files or tracks. Or you can use Acid like 2good and trip balls.

ok..I'll check audition

Ok...I just read up on that. I already have Acid Pro so I'll try that out for now.

p.s yeah...ok... I see I can name the tracks on the markers as well....Thanks!

C

Carpe Diem

I use Sound Forge. Chop up each track and save as Track 01, Track 02 etc.

Open the individual tracks in ITunes, burn them as an audio CD, but make sure you take the 2 second gap off so the mix runs seamlessly.

Word.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
i wud def say Sonar...ive done it on a few programs and sonar wuz the easiest and fastest way to get it done

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
Sound Forge lets you add tags to the master track (with all the songs) so there is no "skip" between songs. Most of the higher end audio editors should let you do this (Audition, WaveLab, etc.)

members online