best turntables?

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
I think if you go with Numark or Stanton you will always have a good turntable, they have some nice models in the 400-500 range. you should put som money aside for some proper cartridges though.

But then again if you can find a Technics then they are solid quality for life.

sAfE.

ed_sizzahanz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
SpLitPerSonaliT said:
Just a quick question
What do you think the best turntables to buy would be from the price range of $400 to $550 dollars each? I'm not talkin cd turntables just normal vinly

You can't go wrong w/Technics, tried and true since forever. But there are SSSSOOOOO many options now, with decks that are catered for certain styles. I'm mainly a scratch DJ so I opted for the Vestax joints, which IMO aren't the best for straight up mixing (Technics pitch control is tighter), but were built to scratch. The Numarks are a cool all around tool, but I'd say Technics or Vestax.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
if you just want it for sampling, theres no need to buy one brand new. go to your local pawn shop and get one for $20 or whatever. just make sure it has a pre-amp.

sAfE.

ed_sizzahanz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Rhythmikal said:
if you just want it for sampling, theres no need to buy one brand new. go to your local pawn shop and get one for $20 or whatever. just make sure it has a pre-amp.

sAfE.

I agree. If you don't find one with a pre amp, just cop a cheap mixer to run it thru.

A

ACEBEATZ

Technic sl-1200. Standard, solid, look and work great. Don't lose money on wanna-be tables.

Cuz if you buy crap you'll have to buy again and again, so buy once.

Aminimity

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I dont remember prices to well but i think you can get techniq 1200 MK2's for that price, maybe cheeper? However I would stay away from brands like nemark, stanton, and gemini. On all of their non-high end tables the amount of surface noise they give off is not good.

things to look for in a good turntable are weight (well built stuff gives off less surface noise, if your table is made of mostly plastic shit its gonna sound like it) and directness (This is how fast the turn table gets back up to speed once its been stopped, very direct turntables are best for scratching and have advanced inner componnets)

C

Carpe Diem

Technics 1200...

These are def the most reliable decks u can get, personally, i wouldnt consider anything else..

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
gotta agree with mostly everyone here......As a DJ, I gotta say Techincs 12's all the way.....Ask any DJ who is serious about his/her craft and they will tell u Technics

There's a lot of other new tables that offer added features and other bullshit that may look cool, but there's a reason that technics hasnt changed the design for over 20 years, cuz it works and it works well

Also, with Technics, if for whatever reason you break something or something goes wrong, you can buy EVERY SINGLE PART quite easily literally down to the tinyest screw....Can't do it with anything else...What are you gonna do when a Numark TT-X display goes nuts?? lol....you gonna be sendin your shit in for a while

BeAtArKiTeK

"Only God Can Judge Me"
ill o.g.
Couldnt Agree More, Me As An Ex Dj Went The Numark Route For More Features And I Regreted It They Are Heavy As Fuck And The Motor Went Out On One Of Them And I Had To Ship Them Abck To The Numark Factory And It Costed Me A Lot To Ship Cuz They Were Heavy As Fuck... So Go With The 12's They Will Last You Years Without No Problems

E

esentric

If you're mixing, 1200's ...ALL DAY. But grabbin' sample I'de get one of those $100 Numarks

C

Carpe Diem

^^^ O word man....

If u sampling, then u dont need the best decks...

Just a nice not too expensive turntable will be coo...

DJFANTOM

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Carpe Diem said:
Yep, but if u sampling on a budget, then u dont need...

True. But how many people have gotten a turntable " just to sample" and ended up thinkin " it be cool to scratch in this beat"..... Then from there decided... Id like to do more complex scratches.... Etc..... Now im not talkin bout people turning into turntablists... But its better to get a solid turntable from the get go . Besides ( @ least in nyc) and im sure many other places. You can get a 1200 used for $200.

I got a partner has a set of 1200's dats like 12 years old... Never needed maintanence. Lets see id you see some 1 say that about a Numark or Gemeni 12 years from now. Lol..

1200's THAT'S IT THAT'S ALL!!.... Oh and 1210's ... ( which is realy just black 1200's)

C

Carpe Diem

Yeah, in the UK they real expensive, but u can pick up cheaper used ones...

And yep, they very reliable, in the UK, all DJs swear by them, they very rarely let u down...

Def the most solid...

All bout the limited edition 24 carat gold ones.... WOAH!!!!

Carpe

DJFANTOM

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Carpe Diem said:
Yeah, in the UK they real expensive, but u can pick up cheaper used ones...

And yep, they very reliable, in the UK, all DJs swear by them, they very rarely let u down...

Def the most solid...

All bout the limited edition 24 carat gold ones.... WOAH!!!!

Carpe

Werd man I paid $400 usd. A piece for em new 6 years ago. (The regular 12's. Lol)

Id love to have them limited additions joints. I wouldn't use em tho. Just put on display in my crib. Lol. (And I damn sure aint got money to buy "display pieces". Lol)

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
TECHNICS 1200s!!!

I got 3 of em, one of them is 11 YEARS OLD!!!!

and it still kicks ass.

members online