best way to f**** with samples in fl studio

O

open mind

wutup iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillmuuuuuuuuuuzik?
i wanna know from the hardcore sampling choopin stretching fliping homeyz pimpz n hustlaz how to get down on it.whats the best easyiest way to f*** with samples in fl studio.

do u use the FL Slicer for cutting samples and playing them or u cut it with another prog like audition then import it in slicer or import it to sample channel or wut?or u import the whole song that u wanna sample on the fl playlist and chop it there like the dude on the video tutorial?whats best way for a beginner?thanks in advance

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
basically you find yourself a sample, whatever it may be, 2 bars, 4 bars, etc. and just open your fruity slicer and open the sample in it and then open beat slicer and just place the markers where you want them and just save that and reopen it back into fruity loops and if you have a midi keyboard just play around with the parts of the sample. just turn on your quantizer and just play around until something sounds tight. dont know if this helps...................

trebeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
man where u get beat slicer? you pay for that shit?

okay depending on what kind of a song im tryin to sample i will do a number of things

1. if i find a hot loop, ill time stretch that in soundforge to whatever it needs to be at so it dont lose its pitch, unless thats what ur looking for, in that case just timestretch in fl, then ill just load that up and set it as cut itself and you know just loop some bars and cut some here and there etc

2. if its something like a jazz sample or something like that where a loop is not gonna sound good, and i just got a bunch of single piano keys playin or something of that matter, ill load up what part i think has the best sounds in soundforge, and ill cut that out, and paste it into recycle, cut up the individual notes, send it to a rex file and open it in fruity slicer, then rearrange those into a melody

3. if its something like a soul sample with lots of nice phrases, ill calculate the bpms and ill timestretch it accordingly (in soundforge if i want the pitch to remain the same), then ill go in and cus on the drums the same amount time for each beat, then go into fl studio, put all those on sampler channels and stretch them all to 1 beat, even tho u already did, just to keep it consistant if you change the tempo, then put that in a layer and fuck with that in your midi controller or whatever

4. if i got a song that i want to make a beat out of, but cant really make much out of the other methods, ill go into soundforge and choose the auto regioner, make it at a minimum of like .4 second chops, and have that chop up the whole song, then ill go in and listen to different regions at random and get some sounds i like, and try and rearrange it into a beat.

after any of those its always nice to compose a little too for some ambience or something to compliment what you put together, if your beat is soundin too plain

those are the methods of sampling i have come up with, i probably use 2 and 3 the most often, since i dont like looping (it makes me feel like i havent done anyhting) and since 4 is always a last resort. you just gotta listen to the sample and see what you like. I will throw a vinyl on and listen to it while im importing it into soundforge, and everytime i hear a hot sound or phrase ill press 'm' and it will mark the track, that way you can go in and check out all those parts then cut em up. sorry if this was a long post, i hope some of it helped

O

open mind

yes it helps thanx

for example i sliced a sample into 4 parts and i have those 4 parts dumped into the the fl slicer piano roll is it possible to flip (reverse) part 2 of the sample? or having it to another pitch? i mean just that part 2 slice without touching the setting for the others ?and then playint that part 2 with the other part in that 1 fl slicer channel pianorool ? i hope i dont confuse u lol BIG THANKS!

trebeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
no man, i wish there was, someone needs to make a vst that can fuck with individual slices in a rex file or whatever, like fruity slicer, but able to send different slices to different mixer channels and able to pitch them diff like you said, yeah man i really wish there was a way to do this in FL but i dont think there is, you'd just have to clone the channel and do what you want to do to all the notes in a seperate channel, its not too hard but it would be nice if they implemented the thing you said

O

open mind

yo shit is going on my mind and iam getting inspired from u guys what u think bout that.cutting samples with whatever software u want then import for example 5 diffrent parts into their on sample channel.where they can be routet individuali on their on mixer channel for fx and shit like that they can have all their own settings pitch reverse whatever setting then to route these 5 bitches to 1 layer channel then set the keynote for every cahnnel of that bitches.then the layer would act like a "FL SLICER channel" where u can play the diff. parts.but then u would be able to set fx or diff pitch or reverse that diffrent channels yo this shit could work.what do ya think?

J Cro

Hulkamaniac
ill o.g.
You can do different types of timestretch in FL Studio. Also, you can drag the slices out of the slicer and into a sampler channel.This way you can tweak it however you want.

The manual is your friend....

trebeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
bigrob said:
yo shit is going on my mind and iam getting inspired from u guys what u think bout that.cutting samples with whatever software u want then import for example 5 diffrent parts into their on sample channel.where they can be routet individuali on their on mixer channel for fx and shit like that they can have all their own settings pitch reverse whatever setting then to route these 5 bitches to 1 layer channel then set the keynote for every cahnnel of that bitches.then the layer would act like a "FL SLICER channel" where u can play the diff. parts.but then u would be able to set fx or diff pitch or reverse that diffrent channels yo this shit could work.what do ya think?

yeah thats bassically what i said on my number 3, that is what i do most often

breal

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
bigrob said:
yes it helps thanx

for example i sliced a sample into 4 parts and i have those 4 parts dumped into the the fl slicer piano roll is it possible to flip (reverse) part 2 of the sample? or having it to another pitch? i mean just that part 2 slice without touching the setting for the others ?and then playint that part 2 with the other part in that 1 fl slicer channel pianorool ? i hope i dont confuse u lol BIG THANKS!

Any slice in the fruity slicer can be reverse.

O

open mind

how ? and is it possible to have diffrent pitches on the diff slices in one fl slicer channel ? if yes then let us know.if not then do like i said.

B

Burna

In FL you can change the pitch on a sample through clicking on the sample chanel. once it's up click "FUNC" I think it is, after that look for "Pitch". and bing there ya go.

O

open mind

i mean the pitch in the fl slicer channel ! if i have for example 5 diffrent slices in one FL SLICER CHANNEL and i want them on diffrent pitch is that possible ?

T

The Bastard

Whut I Do Is , Record Vinyls Into Audition,when I Find A Sample I Chop,eq It,clean It, In There. Then Ill Open It In Fruity,then If I Need To Do Further Pitching Time Stretchign Then Ill Do It In There

Anubis-Ra

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Chop all your samples in Soundforge. Set each sample as an audio file in the step sequencer so you can timestretch them easily in the playlist, not to be confused with the piano roll. First find the tempo of them by clicking detect tempo but don't change the project tempo to the sample tempo. Clickno, then Just click Fit to tempo and stretch the sample according to how long it is, 4, 8 bar. Loops perfectly. You'll have to do it for each sample. For one shots it doesn't really matter.

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
I bought beatslicer. It's the shit for getting the precision of cool edit or the auto chopping of recycle but easily accessible in FL without having to import/export difficulties. you still have to save things in beatslicer and import in FL but it does it in the same FL folders automatically.

In any one of my projects, I easily have 10-15+ FL slicer channels open. I use samples for everything.

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
bigrob said:
i mean the pitch in the fl slicer channel ! if i have for example 5 diffrent slices in one FL SLICER CHANNEL and i want them on diffrent pitch is that possible ?

Yeah this is possible.. just double click on the note and turn the pitch knob.. it ain't that hard to do.. man

members online