BET awards

9zeros

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i only watched for 20 minutes or so and had to go somewhere........saw the fugees

it was great seeing them up there after so long and im a huge fan but i didnt think their performance was that good
nice to lauryn pardon me ms. hill's crazy ass but she was outta breath for half the set

i also like will and jadas open comedy thing or whatever you wanna call it

anyone else catch the rest of the show, any highlights?......i know stevie performed was it good?

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
I think it was the Best awards show BET ever put on, you can tell that their emphasis this year was to kinda tone down on the ignant stuff and make it a lil more classy.

Gladys Knight tore that shit down, i always love when they let Steve Harvey introduce the lifetime achievement award, because he always puts the artists of today in check.
Reminds me of a time when you actually had to have talent (what a concept) to make it in the biz, most of these so-called R&B singers would most definitely be backup singers and groupies if based of the standards of the 60-70's.

I enjoyed John Legend's performance w/ S.Wonder, talented cat. They should have let Common perform his 2 singles because he has lots of energy, stage presence and it would have been a good look.

T.I. 's performance backed with a live band was entertaining.

Game actually acted his age tonight and came on some peace shit, his performance was cool, Mary coming out was a good look

Mariah Carey probably had to punch in her entire song when recording because she had problems controlling her voice.

I don't know bout y'all but in some way I'm actually PROUD of Mike Jones. To go from the underground to shipping platinum to being one of the headliners of the BET awards is some incredible shit. His skills are definitely up for debate but his hustle game is undeniable.

Overall I thought the show was well organized and you could tell they tried to make it a show for all ages, classy but still maintaining that hip hop flavor.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
I thought the show went well, Im just dissappointed that a lot of the people who won awards didnt even show up. That was the most noticable down side.

FuzE

i make beatz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 99
I enjoyed the show. My favorite part was when Destiny's Child pulled Magic, Nelly, and Terrence Howard out the crowd and gave them lap dances on stage. The looks on Terrence Howard's face while Beyonce was shakin her ass in his face, sittin on his lap, and puttin his hands on her body were classic. Dude had every straight man watching envious. He had that crossed up look on his face like "I'd tear dis shit up!" and on the other hand "Damn Jay-Z gon shoot my ass!" And Beyonce Pops didn't look too happy to be watchin the whole thing either. But when Bob Johnson came on and said he was stepping down as CEO of BET but, he'd stay for another five years if he could get one of those lap dances from Beyonce; Daddy really had the mean mugg then.

The Gladys Knight performance was hot. She has got to have one of the best voices of all time.

Beyonce's ass in that dress was one of my favorite parts too. :dance:

And after last nite's performance i've fully decided i got to meet and marry Toni Braxton

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
I was completly motionless and numb from watching Beyonce. My house could have been on fire and I still would not have moved.

StressWon said:
i'll peep a re-run just for the performances,,,,

You know BET will show it atleast three times a week for the rest of the summer.

9zeros

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
shadeed said:
you can tell that their emphasis this year was to kinda tone down on the ignant stuff and make it a lil more classy.

Overall I thought the show was well organized and you could tell they tried to make it a show for all ages, classy but still maintaining that hip hop flavor.

i felt the same way just from see the beginning

a "three homeboy limit"

haha