Better than the ASR-10

Blue77

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I was looking for a keyboard that sampled, but didn't really need the whole Fantom,Motif or Triton thing.I was in a local music store and I saw an ASR-10 for $500.00.I checked it out and said I would think about it since the board was in a case it's not like everyone would be looking at it! So I went to Famous Pawn shop and saw this Kurzweil K2vxs - for $300.00 well I got it for $280.00 and I've had it for a few weeks now and damn! this keyboard has about 999 sounds( good sounds too),top notch editing,sampler is top notch plus you can hook up a compact flash drive to the scsi. Why did so many people sleep on these? For $280.00 ,man I know I pretty much stole this,I mean thats less than a sp404.Alot of pawn shops overcharge for new gear cause of what it sells for on ebay,but other times they don't really know the value on vintage gear or shit that was ahead of it's time when it came out.

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Way to come up. I am still waiting to find an MPC in a pawn shop so I can try and buy it for stupid cheap. I'll tell the guy something like..." They don't even make this anymore".

Post some photos of your keyboard.

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
the truth is only people outside the industry sleep on kurzweil stuff, its something you will find in almost every pro rap/r&b producers arsenal somewhere...maybe not the specific model u use, i know a lot of producers use their large rompler/sampler boards, but yeah their gear is great.

you got a great piece of gear so enjoy it man! and honestly thinking about it, with what you can get with the money left over, you probably made the better purchase.

kojo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Kurzweil's are nice, but are a little harder to get your head around compared to say, the triton...when that and the motif came out and started doing what the kurzes were doing and more for less $$$, it was a wrap.