classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
karlman said:
concerning the business cards:
should i just put my real name on it, just the artist name, or a mixed version
like realname aka nickname or john "superman" doe

thx for the articles, really interesting stuff!

Put ur first name on there just for busniess refernces, here is my card for a refernce. (I took my last name off)

The card is printed on white glossy paper

class..

Attachments

• classic_card.jpg
    classic_card.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 146

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
BAUSMAN said:
its dope but i wish it waas a lil longer

For me, the challenge is to SUBMIT these things with all the stuff I got going on,
but the whole goal is to get people thinking along the lines of treating the music
as an actual business, and taking the necessary steps to get in that mode.

If you want longer articles, then I'm sure you'll appreciate the E-book I'm gonna
drop in the near future, which will cover these topics in detail and will feature
your favorite rappers commenting on various issues they went thru went they
first started out.

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
shadeed said:
I don't know if it will be available for posting, but maybe me and Fade can work out a deal where interested buyers can download an "E-book" or something.

I'll buy the ebook

let us all know when it's available

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
N.U.G. said:
I'll buy the ebook

let us all know when it's available

Sure will, I got precisely one million and two issues to tend to, but I made a promise to myself to never to let the words "I'm too busy" be an excuse to not get things done.

I got this USB voice recorder that I can record ideas and stuff into and since I've been doing that I really been knocking stuff out, so the E-book may be finished sooner than later, the hard part is getting all the damn artist clearances (some managers think THEY are the stars) but it's all good.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
very good and informative article. Im interested in learning more about EPKs. cuz these mailing costs are gettin out of hand

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
Sanova said:
very good and informative article. Im interested in learning more about EPKs. cuz these mailing costs are gettin out of hand

EPK's are becoming more and more common. Anybody who's job it is to sift thru dozens of promo items and press kits quickly appreciates all the information in one file.

AMG

God:Mind~Asiatic
ill o.g.
Nice read. I would like to see an article on gear. leaning towards the fact that you dont need a whole lot of gear to be hot. just give different examples of minimal setups.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
again its a good article, we talked about all of these concepts at some point or another on here, but its good to see them all together in a concise article, good job, really though this site is a repository but its so good that someone can write a book and then get rich off the braintrust....LOL

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
bigdmakintrax said:
again its a good article, we talked about all of these concepts at some point or another on here, but its good to see them all together in a concise article, good job, really though this site is a repository but its so good that someone can write a book and then get rich off the braintrust....LOL

Yeah, the content of these articles are based off of artists and producers that I come across that believe that a hot beat or "radio friendly songs" are all they need to make it.
The music business (as you know) is a whole nother ballgame, and the strength/cohesiveness of your "team" often determines your success/failure and ability to break your music in certain markets.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
shadeed said:
the strength/cohesiveness of your "team" often determines your success/failure and ability to break your music in certain markets.

That is the number one factor in making it too, you could be in the cornfield nowheresville and be tryna sell your music and get a name but if you have no consumers and fans of what you are doing it will be hard and also the team thing is true, I had two so called cliques I have produced for in the past but usually that never works out, plus I really dont waste too much time on collabing either, it usually is a nice ooh and awe thing but in the end its just a project like any other and usually nothing comes of unknown collabos anyhow so its more of an excercise....I know there will be lots of hate thrown at that statement LOL, also the same applies to being in a market thats over saturated where every block has at least 2 or 3 production teams and sharing artists....it could be more difficult to break especially when you push ya mixtape and there are 50 other people pushing theirs outside your door.....nothing is easy.

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
DJ Increment said:
thanx. enjoyed the read ...not 2 long...will b reading this again when the times right

I try to keep em short and most definitely to the point, I'll go into more detail about these topics and more when my schedule clears up to drop an audio book.

Thanks for checkin it out though, Peace.