Blue/Red MPC 100

JustRipe

Analog Architect
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 75
I was at the pawn shop and saw a mpc 1000 for $350 so i jumped on it, but i did get a warrenty for 6 months. it seems some of the pads are not functioning so well and im not sure if they make replacement pad sensors for this version of the mpc, i think it has the original style mpc pads..... anyways i dont really know anything about it im trying to figure out if i should just go trade it or would it be worth the fixing...if i can even get it fixed?

any help would be much appreciated thanks ILL fam

JustRipe

Analog Architect
ill o.g.
thanks slick appreciate the websites, im just worried if i get a new pad kit if it will still be messed up, but the more i look the more it seems like my pads are just "dead" from use cuz they all work i just have to hit pretty hard to get it to respond but some just dont work at all it seems.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
well 1st, open it up... take it apart... u might need some circuit cleaner.. look inside and see if there were any bugs (roaches can destroy circuitry) inside.. also, smell it to see if it was around any type of smoke...u got some work to do on it, but it can definitely be restored back close to new, bcuz all the parts are out there.

da relic

JustRipe

Analog Architect
ill o.g.
smoke can mess up the inside? and okay im guna take it apart check it out later today and ill get back to ya, i know it can be restored but if its some crazy like needs a full replacement of everything then i probably will just return it cuz i still neeed a memory card and ram expansion, usb card reader, all the right cables, and a new turntable to sample off of cuz the one i have now is usb only, thats guna be alot alone u know

lion-ucs

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Seems to me, that money would be better spent on Maschine or Geist and a controller (if you don't have one).

JustRipe

Analog Architect
ill o.g.
lol nah lion im all about akai and ive wanted an mpc since the day i even thought about makin beats, although i hear maschine is amazing, id rather have the mpc1000 jusr a personal preference i dont car which can do more or which is more relative to todays technologies lol. but anywas i think all i need is the new style pad upgrade kit so im ordering it this weekend hopefully its all it needs..

members online