BluePrint 3 Review

Da IllFellaz

Knee Deep In Da Beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 125
Word...I actually think Jigga covered all the bases with this album. He has tracks that can be played anywhere for just about anybody....except country music venues of course...lol

Other than on ILL, I've haven't heard nor seen one complaint about it either.....and the numbers speak from themselves. Every other stop light I hear somebody bumping one the tracks off this album. lmao..I don't know...I'm beginning to take note on something "If most people on ILL like your music you may need to scrap that joint and start over", most likely means your joint won't make it in the real world.....lmao, I'm just saying!

Maybe its cause all the DJ's are from NY but regardless, im still feeling the album.....

and i understand what the Ill is saying, HOWEVER, i see the other side as well..........

krysolite

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
pretty funny how the first 4 guys to comment on individual tracks all have disagreeing comments.

i think half the album was dope:

What We Talking About
Thank You
D.O.A.
Empire State of Mind
Real as it Gets
Off That
Already Home
So Ambitious

some of my boys like a star is born cuz they bump alota j cole and he shouts out drake (which is where we're at).

so i got 7 tracks up there i think. and one guy said that 6 of them were garbage. when another couple people (or so) said they were nice. it's all mixed reviews. but we can agree that venus vs mars is shit. other ones, some of you guys liked. i dont like swizz beats. i liked him during ruff ryders. lol.

and some of you guys said some of the tracks were pop, but when is a song classified as pop just because there's singing in the hook. look at "feeling it". or "heart of the city". just cuz it was "old hov" it wasn't pop, but when he has alicia keys or the guy in a star is born from the "new hov", it's pop. i gota disagree on how some of you guys rate tracks while trying to sound like you stand for "real" hip hop.

the albums still nice.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Maybe its cause all the DJ's are from NY but regardless, im still feeling the album.....

It's not a NY Dj thing is a DJ thing period. We listen to music, work on our sets at least 50% of the week. We hear new music all the time and we get new shit daily! We know music, we know the club scene. We can damn near predict what will or won't move the crowd as soon as we put it on.

CICANA.COM URBAN DJ SOURCE

Hip Hop Singles

Most played Today
Jay Z-Venus vs Mars #18

Most play This Week
Jay Z-Venus vs Mars #3

That song IS and will continue to be the HIT song on his album. Write it down and tell 'em LDB told you so!

The closest Jay Z new song after that is around #60 or #70 on the second page- Jay Z-Empire State of Mind (feat Alicia Keys)

When you get into your party set, if you DJ or even go to the club at all, Venus vs Mars goes hard. I personally knew it would the first time I heard it.....but I'm an actual CLUB DJ, what do I know....lol

If you're trying to do this music for more than a couple of your homies and you THINK you have an ear for music take heed because you may want to keep your day job!

P.S. Nobody can blame this on the Radio because the RADIO Ain't playing Venus vs Mars like that. This is strictly based on DJ'S and the people (specifically ladies) requesting the joint in the club. I doubt Jigga even expected the club response he's getting for this song.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
LYRICALLYYYYYY WOWWWWWWW.. i personally think that shit is kinda CRAZY.... production aint the GREATEST but i guess everyone is accustomed to that Just Blaze old YE sound.... Dude is older now. Different ear..... but Lyrically WOWWWWZAAAAAA..... forever young is like his last testament......

i goota agree with nomics here .. and as i said in my review, the flow makes the album. the beats are coo.. but the lyrics and flow is CRAZY. not many can rap like jay wit the swag AND the bars. i still hate forever young though. that song sucks lol. reminds me of beach chair off kingdom come which also sucked lol.

imo the club banger of the year is def .. "who's real" jadakiss ft swizzy and oj da juiceman. That shit goes HARD evrytime!! at least in NY at least.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i guess its official... i'll be doin an album... based on all of this, there's no WAY my songs wont be a hit... even if i dont push it at ALL, whoever does get it wont be disappointed... this thread has officially made up my mind.... thx guys

da relic

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
I just finished listening to it this morning. Dug it, I think it's a decent album. 40% of it is cheese, however it's better than I expected. Alicia is great on Empire State of Mind. Mars vs. Venus sounded a lot like LL Cool J's "Doin it" (maybe it's the same chick in the background)?

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
i just wanted to read what ya'll had to say about it. im not going to listen to it, maybe in like 5 years when my kid is trying to tell me its a classic. then i'll come back and edit this reply.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
this is fucking hilarious. there are four throwaways on this album

off that
on to the next
hate
uhm... venus vs mars.

these tracks are ass. straight garbage.

the rest of this shit is excellent, production wise.

you all want the same old boom bap shit or some sped up vocals. those were great. this album has some great material as well.

SMH at all the "ooooh it's too poppy" comments. i mean really, god forbid a song have a melody that catches the ear. god forbid an artist goes against the grain. not that the album doesn't have flaws; it does. but these flat out dismissals are retarded.

hell, run this town was dope. the beat was a heater. rhianna was whatever until the aria at the end and she becomes unbearable. jays flow- and content- on so ambitious is dope as shit. very, very good track. it's quirky and off kilter and addresses some of the down moments that he used to motivate himself.

d.o.a was a monster. thank you was dope and again showcased beautiful flows.

a star is bone- dope, dope ass beat. great beat. content was eh.,.... kinda corny though i see what he's gettin at, til j cole comes in and saves the day.

already home is a dope beat, with a solid performance by jay.

what we talkin bout addresses a lot of shit and was well done until the third verse when the flow was forced and awkward- but up to that point that song was flawless, beat and all.

empire state of mind is MAJOr. that shit is gonna be huge and would have been the song of the summer ha it been released earlier. reminder took some gettin used to but he lets you all know... the beat was hard to get into but that shit goes HARD in a system. very hard.he's lyrically on point, as is his flow. yeah, i think you guys need a reminder. i on't agree with putting his sales record up as indisputable proof but it DOES put him in rarified air, especially where a hip hop artist is concerned.

i understand it not being your aesthetic cup of tea with some of it... but this was a very good album despite it's flaws and 4 awful tracks

forever young.... i see why heads ain't feelin this. it's dope still, and jays flow- and content- is once again on point. he paints a beautiful picture from the get go and yes, you will all be furious when this song to blows up; you'll wish it would disapear because it will be EVERYWHERE by years end. and i can't wait. this is the only straight up pop song on the album, outside of the aforementioned garbage tracks. it's a dope ass song at that. run this town is a grimey ass beat that gets shined .p by rhianna, but that shit fits perfectly next to doa and EMSOM/

yeah minority i might be but this album is a damn good one, flaws and all.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
i just wanted to read what ya'll had to say about it. im not going to listen to it, maybe in like 5 years when my kid is trying to tell me its a classic. then i'll come back and edit this reply.

hahahahahaha!!!

The new Lil John is wwaaaay better than this blueprint garbage!

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
i think i'll pass on that too homie.

Damn....Jigga is one of your fellow Satan worshipers. Wow...not even the Devils soldiers stick together these days! It's funny how "the Rock symbol" (a.k.a diamond at first) lost an angle over time an became the all seeing eye( triangular now)!

DaWorldFamous

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
The shit is wack and thats hard for me to say cause Hov is my dude...

The joint with alicia keys is good....I like the hate shit with Kanye because it's funny as hell.
But instead of Blueprint it should have been called, B-Sides, all throw away shit, ya digg

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
Damn....Jigga is one of your fellow Satan worshipers. Wow...not even the Devils soldiers stick together these days! It's funny how "the Rock symbol" (a.k.a diamond at first) lost an angle over time an became the all seeing eye( triangular now)!

thanks man, i needed a good laugh this morning.

members online