BMI who here is with them?

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
ok quick question then...
Do I have to have the number from the copyright office back first before I register a song or songs?
Or can I just go ahead and put the song in there?electronically
Additionally do you mail them a copy of the music or what with that?
I know I can look on the website( for the answer to last the question) but people watching the thread might want to know.
Thanx

themucka

"The man behind the Hits"
ill o.g.
has your track made the album if so thats when you register 2 bmi.. when you know its making it the album..

you send them the track aswell ans the percentage.. if you didnt sample.. and the artist wrote the lyrics all of them 50/50

if you wrote the hook i would say its 75/25..

jus call them i felt stupid a couple times calling them but fuk it... also 1 tip register your middle name aswell cuz there can be often time people with the same name.. i having 2 deal wit that

ALLEYCAT

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
I'm affilated, been a member since 1999. You can register songs online before you recieve your copyright registration and you do not have to send a copy of your material like do with copyrights.

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
I tried registering with BMI but my application was returned. I have a beat that will be featured on an album but it says, hand written on my returned application, that my release date can't be in the future. So i'm thinkin I have to wait until the album is out and THEN send in my application again?

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
when u register a song, u can always go back after getting the copyright. but remember, it doesnt hold as much weight in court like a copyright... also, register the song if u are the producer and the artist, and ur performing it on stage.

da relic

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
^ This guy again...nah man I'm just rippin on the name again.
How the hell do you get in touch with your membership manager?
Just stay on hold for fifty years?
I mean they cant be giving you much attention if they have so many accounts that your on hold for a couple of hours can they?
I'm thinking of switching to ASCAP, dont know what that would entail.
Then I can start the thread "ASCAP who here is with them?" :D