Bookshelf Speakers

NobleWordz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Hi,

I have been reading up on monitors and I have read quite a few comments about reasonable priced bookshelf speakers being just as good as expensive monitors.

Do you guys think there is any truth in that? And can anyone recommend a set of bookshelf speakers.

Appreciate any response.

Take care.

Edit: sorry if this is in the wrong section.

~NW~

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
No thats Bullshit,
book shelf speakers are no where near where you need your response to be...
Nice thought tho..AND if you cant afford anything better?
Hell Go for it, the point is that you want the sound to be flat as possible.
I always wondered what a bose system would do as a monitoring system..

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
I would imagine bookshelf speakers would be horrible in properly relaying the low end.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Bookshelf alternative

I have a suggestion, I have a pair of event 20/20 which because of the layout of where I live and the complainers I cant even monitor my music properly, so I went searching for some speaker that are monitors and are small and compact, there are actually two sets you can look up, the ones I bought are the M-Audio DX4 monitors the other set i cant remember but they are even smaller sort of like for use if you travel with a laptop, but like has been said the sub range will be missing but they do a very good job of getting about 98% or more the sound range excluding sub...and the are small, powered, heavy and sturdy....

A B

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
I've just copped some brand new Wharfdale Diamond 8.2 Pro Active, which also happen to be my first monitors and the improvement is enlightening, going back and listening to some old beats i can hear where if i'd had these at the time id have made different choices.

I'd highly recommend investing in some quality monitors. But don't buy a pair cos they were recommended to you or a friend liked how they sounded, decide what you want in a monitor then go and auditon some and buy a pair that fits your criteria and your pocket

members online