Bought a Record from J-Dilla's Storage Locker

JRockPsycho

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 70
So tonight is the night before my birthday and as a gift to myself, i just ordered a record from J-Dilla's Private record collection. It comes with a certificate of authenticity signed by "Ma Dukes" Yancey, and a hand-picked numbered vinyl from Jay-Dee's collection. I'm pretty stoked, and having a great birthday already, cant wait till it arrives, and at the very least it will look great framed and hanging on the wall in my studio. ;)

Risk

Lake City Productions
Niiice bro. That's hella sick! Happy early brithday too btw.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Dope. I got the roy haynes vistalite album he sampled for a qtip track.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
thats awsome!! im gunna sample a drum break on this record, theres a really nice one, and some mean beat-boxing. Theres also finger-prints on the record lol wonder who's they are..........
Fuckin dope man! I ordered another one. I'm hopin to get lucky and get one with a note or something he wroted.

I'll tell you what, dude kept all his vinyl in immaculate condition. The vinyl is clean as fuck and all neatly kept in those plastic bags. I think people that know about this sale and havent copped one are really sleepin on owning a huge one of a kind part of hip hop history for very cheap.

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
thats awsome!! im gunna sample a drum break on this record, theres a really nice one, and some mean beat-boxing. Theres also finger-prints on the record lol wonder who's they
are..........
Congrats on the find, man. It's cool that they're carrying his torch like this.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's Ma Duke's prints on the record though. It seems like James was too particular about how he handled his records to leave prints on them. I didn't know him personally, just through his music, but from what I've seen it looks like he would spaz on someone touching his vinyl.

Also, even though ALL of Dilla's work sounds like it was made 5 years in the future and leaked early, i still miss the feeling of hearing new stuff from him.

members online