Brass Samples

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
I been diggin for some nice brass samples like Swizz beats be tryna use. and I find some ill shit but no brass. I know the main ingredients got some koo stuff. and I know micheal buble has one song wit some hot horns (G unit sampled him for 'Bad News') but anyone got some other genres i could search in, or Artists if you really feelin in the givin mood (christmas spirit).

Holla back, any help is appreciated.. all outta respect for the art.

-NoVa

D

djvlive

ive found some good horns on Tom Jones' Albums... i dont know if its quite what your looking for but... i donno, if i can find my record - ill shoot you an mp3 of the sample

whatsup in South Central? I got friends out in LA...

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
^ good looks. Ill search on limwire too.

and ova here in LA, its koo. not as bas as the movies...well at least not in broad daylight

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
word up i replied to the PM, but im really lookin for somethin to sample cuz i like to sample these days

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
oh word im checkin out some breass construction right now
props

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
Ohio Players... yes..

look for solo instrument albums. Basically anything that shows a brass instrument on the cover. I've got tons of stuff from trumpets to french horns to all types of saxaphones. You really get to hear the expression of it when it's the lead instrument and not as a background instrument in some song. Thats why getting a solo person with a saxaphone is better than say.. ohio players though. The music is arranged so the brass part is lead. Ok i think i explained that enough lol, was tryna make it clear an simple but butchered it 2 hell.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
well I play the saxaphone so anything i need wit the sax, i could do. yea i like that orchestral feel. and i completely forgot about the ohio players.

never occurred to me to look for instumental albums *_*

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
sampletank is extremely clean it seems. I made a whole jazz song using sample tank, shit sounded hella hella heeeella nice. Saxaphone was real as hell too, didnt sound fake in any sense.

There is a feel that you can only get using samples though. It's the way the sample is chopped, you may not have the reverb trail or natural decay which makes it sound abrupt. Plus the other random instruments in the backdrop give it a texture nobody would really think of just adding to a saxaphone part if you were adding it to a song. Kinda hard to describe, that make any sense? Ah well. Sample tank is the shit though.

Elementree

Musical Wizardry
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
I feel u fifth. I just got a sampler recently so I'm now starting to understand how crucial samples can be in creating hip hop and rap music. Some samples just have that realistic, rustic feel you cant get anywhere else. The last track I made, I sampled brass from the song I was sampling and then mixed it with the sampltank brass and the combo was spectacular!

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
no doubt, i feel u both. Tree i remember onthe phone yesterday u talkin bout that expansion pack, seems dope. holla at me

ToneEsharp

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I dopnt know your situation but modern beats got some sick ass brass samples for samplers been using them for a minute