Breathtaking News: Reason 4, beta-testing has begun

wizard

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 141
that sh*t look sick
to bad you have to by reason 4 to get thor!!!
they changed alot on the interface for the sequencing box
what is that a mini mixer
dam i wish reason made a upgrade for register owners
so we dont have to go out and spend like 400$- 600$ for the thor
reason should def do up grades or at least do something like down load devices or allow reason register owners to buy devises!!

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
that sh*t look sick
to bad you have to by reason 4 to get thor!!!
they changed alot on the interface for the sequencing box
what is that a mini mixer
dam i wish reason made a upgrade for register owners
so we dont have to go out and spend like 400$- 600$ for the thor
reason should def do up grades or at least do something like down load devices or allow reason register owners to buy devises!!

I thought they did allow upgrades for registered users!

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
im coppin it

Hita_K

Dilltastic
ill o.g.
Can't wait looks ill. Just not looking forward to spendin the money. Thats what i say now but when it drops it will be a different story.

Low G

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah that ReGroove mixer should be dope and also looking foreward to vector automation... It's also around 100 something if you allready own a previous copy.

breal

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
looks like i'm gonna be spending some more money, any idea when the release date will be?

They said maybe 8 to 10 weeks of beta testing then another 8 week
put everything together. So i think arould late OCT .

RPG-8 and updated sequencer look good

Fabrik

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
This is all nice, but I wish they would upgrade their sampling devices. NN-XT is cool but not enough. They should definetly look at improving it's stretching capabilities...

veon

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
those of you guys who own reason 3 cand beta test it it would be sweet for our comunity to see some reaction before the realease :D:D:D

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
Great news for reason users. I was a hardcore reason user before moving to logic in january. If they havent added audio-in recording capabilities, I doubt i will be moving back. Also i hope they have fixed that thing where if you have an audio file in a sampler, you cannot play it from midway, you have to go back to the beginning of the midi note that triggers it to enable it to play.

I sure hope they have revamped the sounds aswell.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Looks really good, and it looks like they did a good job with the sequencer. The sequencer is the one thing I didn't like about Reason, it was too cheesy.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Got my hands on the betatester version!

Ok fam. I'm don't know all the ins and outs of 3.0 so I know I won't unvail everything that 4.0 can do but I'll try to post things that I find are better and diff't from 3.0.

First of all....if your like me and your working with a CPU that should have been upgraded 3 yrs. ago(lol) u will definitely have to upgrade ya shit if u wanna rock Reason 4.0! U can't even play the demo songs if you got a slow processor and less than a gig of RAM. 512 is the highest I can go with my cpu so I'm struggling over here. If you sign up to be a betatester and u get in u have to remove any Previous Reason b4 u can install beta 4.0. I hope u got a back up hard drive! I got the westell 250G so I'm str8. I recommend u back up everything dealing with Reason to a back up hard drive b4 u even think about messing with the beta just in case the shit goes bunkers. U can't save jack with the beta version and u can only freak it an hour at a time. After 60 minutes it shuts down and u have to open it again.

The sequencer is a beast! The first thing that jumps out 2 me is the Precount on/off button located right below click enable. This is a welcomed addition IMO. U get an automatic 4 count before it starts recoring which elimates that annoying click! It's been a minute since I toyed with my MPC 2000 but if I'm not mistaken the MPC has that feature.
The tool bar of the sequencer is a little diff't. In addition to the selection tool, Pencil tool, eraser tool , magnify and hand tool, u have the razer tool. The razor tool allows u 2 slice up parts of your track to erase them or slice up sections that u may want to drag and drop in other locations within the track. I think that will definitely come in handy!
The quantize section on the tool bar is gone. They relocated it right below stop and record. It is now a button that u can enable or disable. If u enable it (turns green) u quantize during recording. If it's disabled u record loose like a live musician.
Here's another "MAJOR IMPROVEMENT" that I've noticed about the new sequencer. The overdub and replace mode have been replaced with NEW DUB AND NEW ALT. Enable new dub and u can record on top of what u already have recorded. Enable Alt and it's a whole new take. I know what you're thinking "it already does that in previous versions". True..but not like this. U actually have diff't takes along side the originals that if u don't like u can delete and keep the original instead of having to undo what u did to get back to the original. click new alt and a new take opens below the original track. U can do this as many times as u want until u get what u like. Then u can delete the ones u don't want. Here's something else. U can have diff't takes and if u like one, both or all u can merge that shit! AMAZING! IMO. Be back later with more goodies....ONE!

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
you dont wanna hear this, but its what fruity has since 2.54 lol and the precount too lol. But anyways, let me know when someone can beta it on a good CPU and see/hear performance here.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
you dont wanna hear this, but its what fruity has since 2.54 lol and the precount too lol. But anyways, let me know when someone can beta it on a good CPU and see/hear performance here.

I don't really care what is or isn't in Fruity Loops....the name alone made me stay clear of it. Reason is so superior in everything else that it really doesn't matter! Even that won't matter in a few months because Reason now has it.

members online