Buisness Cards?

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Alright, so ive decided to spring for some buisness cards. Im just getting some cheap ones from a friend who does it, pretty nice looking but hes giving me a good deal.

my question is, what should i put on them?

i was thinking, like my name, producer name, email adress, and my website.

should i put an aim sn or a description of what i do?

and how should i go about putting my name on the card with my producer alias thing...

like 'Pete 'Pistol' maravich' type thing?
or, pete maravich, aka pistol pete

any advice from the vets would be greatly appreciated. this is one of the first serious steps im taking some im kind of new to the buisness ide. ive sold a few beats, but only to people who go to my school and that i already knew.

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
Yo... get at me. I can get you some professional-quality business cards for awesome prices. 1,000 single-sided cards, with designing and everything, I can get you for $80.00. Double-sided for $90.00.

I've been doing graphic design for about 8 years, and I'm not gonna gas myself up or anything... but I think I'm pretty nice with it. Check out my old, FBI-confiscated studio website for an example of my design capabilities.... http://www.apbstudios.com

Oh... I just found an old business card of mine... check the attachment (and make sure you zoom in to 100%.... Firefox and Internet Explorer shrink it down to fit in the browser window, and it looks all distorted and shit.

Attachments

• apbcard.gif
    apbcard.gif
    44.2 KB · Views: 207

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
And to get back to your original question, instead of hustling here....

Keep things as professional as possible. People are only going to take you as serious as they percieve you. If your first impression is of someone making beats as a hobby, that's what you're forever known as in their mind.

If you can set up www.colossusbeatfix.com or something like that and get an official email address (how serious does @hotmail.com look on a card? not very...) and get a professional-looking site up and running, plus a phone (not a home phone... "Mom, don't hang up on him.... that's ME! I'm Colossus!! He WANTS TO BUY A BEAT FROM ME!"), that all would definately boost your image as being professional.

And when you look professional, people treat you professional.

And when people treat you professionally, you WANT to be professional.

And that starts a big ol' wheel of evolution for you. Good luck

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
yo dantson, can u hook me up wit this double sided for 90 deal?

I'll get at u on AIM

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
alright, i might take you up on that. i gotta cash a few beat checks first though.
sounds like a damn good deal.

and thanks for the feedback.

im no computer wiz, i dont know how much it would cost to get a website and some decent web design going, not to mention a legitimate email adress. im pretty sure i dont have anough moeny for that right now... im kinda strugglin.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
I'll hook you up with a design for cheap. and hosting. and a domain..

www.sanovamedia.com

i have other domains (for music, etc.) but this seems most appropriate.

If you need, I can host you under me for free. All you need is a domain name, which couldnt cost you more than 10 bucks.

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
damn, illmuzik fam are just hooking me up today...
sounds interesting. i might hit you up, again i gotta cash some checks though.

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Those are epic pimp and pimp

What is more epic, is that I searched and filed this in the appropriate thread instead of making a new thread, LOL. I think that is going to be my new shit. Posting in old ass threads and bringing them back to life.

Thanks for the feedback.

I didn't like how the second side came out. The spot UV did not pop the way I wanted. I think SPOT UV is not as dope as real varnish. Real varnish got the armor-all on my chrome rims polish to it that Spot UV don't. But the shit is mad expensive.

Hopefully the next set will be even better.

I leave these shits all over the place, Like in pockets of clothes in clothing stores. On some straight guerilla marketing shit...

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
if your just starting out, i know theres a few place on the net you can find free biz cards. they might be basic and all but there free. look into it and see what kinda feedback you get from them.

NAME OF BIZ -
dba - alias
name - email - phone
website

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Those are some dope ass cards...
Why does your MP look unused? Shit looks like its out the box!

My MPC is in bad shape man. There is a missing footpad so I got it on a crutch, LOL. I just folded up an old piece if cardboard to prop it up. And I replaced the hard drive. I should buy a few more. 80GB hard drives are becoming hard to find, LOL.

I plan on doind at least 100 more beats on it before I convert over to the NI Maschine.

P Floyd

ill o.g.
If you need any type of Marketing Material let me know...from USB drives Clothing..Just let me know and I will email you with pricing and if need be send out a sample....

members online