Burning records

Phonetik

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I dont know if you would call it burning records per say, but does anyone know of any programs used to record vinyl onto a cd or mp3 form? I have some many classic records that I would like to take on the road with me.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
just plug ya turntable into your pc and record the audio.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
You can also check out a program called Cakewalk Pyro, it's perfect for recording and burning to CD or making MP3's out of the recording. What's really good is that it has a slice tool so if you have 1 big long audio file (like a mixtape) you can slice where you need to, and it will save them all as separate files.
http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/Pyro/default.asp

9zeros

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Fade said:
What's really good is that it has a slice tool so if you have 1 big long audio file (like a mixtape) you can slice where you need to, and it will save them all as separate files.

that brings up an interesting topic

not that i am promoting this
but you could subscribe to a subscription service (pref the ones with free trials) download till your hearts content and then record the songs in mp3 format overnight while you sleep
and by doing that you now have an mp3 without any restrictions, no burn /upload rules
you can edit it also
its the new way to "tape" your favorite radio station

you could even use your windows sound recorder to do so, just install LAME which is a very popular mp3 encoder, (a lot of programs use this because you have to pay a huge license fee and royalties for the guys who first came up with the process, cant think of their name right this minute) and then the crappy sound recorder with windows can record up to 320kbits

which brings up the next question

well why would i want to sit and chop up a large mp3 file it could take forever?

there are programs that do this actually, automatically create a new file when a new song begins...

DJFANTOM

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Fade said:
You can also check out a program called Cakewalk Pyro, it's perfect for recording and burning to CD or making MP3's out of the recording. What's really good is that it has a slice tool so if you have 1 big long audio file (like a mixtape) you can slice where you need to, and it will save them all as separate files.
http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/Pyro/default.asp

THATS WHAT I USE AND EXACTLY WHAT I USE IT FOR. WORKS PEFECT. I LOVE PYRO. ITS EVEN GOOD FOR RIPPING CDS AND TURNING INTO MP3S AND IF UR COMPS CONNECTED TO THE NET IT AUTOMATICALY SETS THE NAMES OF ALL THE TRACKS FROM OFF THE NET. I LOVE PYRO. I LOVE CAKEWALK ( SONAR USER ALSO). LOL