Bushido and other german ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helios

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I got a Bushido produced track called : das leben ist ein arschfikk

Hottest german shit I heard for years...
I always hated german hip-hop because of Blumentopf , Mc Rene or other fags.
But now there are some hard rappers on da come up. I know there's a lot of trash ( Frauenarzt, ... )... but I'm interested in those underground tracks from berlin.

I think those boyz are feelin hiphop the way I feel.

Some of them are too pathetic... but I gonn check'em out too. Like Mörder Mafia, ...

Kool Savas and Eko are the best german rappers who have skills and know to rap who are on MTV.
I think people from turkey got the same mentality that I got. They gon take it to a harder level.

Not like sammy deluxe... I can remember when he was da nummer one with his lame tracks about smokin weed or battlin... He's a good rapper but I don't like those lyrics.
Or other good rappers like das bo who are unfortunately always on some funny shit. I don't like funny lyrics.

HaZwaiOh

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i´ve to contradict!
i love blumentopf. ever been to one of their shows?
And I don´t care much for the typical berlin stuff. But like in every other city there are some very good people over there, too. i never was a friend of sammy deluxe either. right now german rap music is kind of stagnating and except for curse´s recent album i haven´t heard any fresh stuff for quite a while.

C

Copenhagen

Helios, I find it odd that you dislike lyrics that are about the original foundations of hip-hop and give mad props to gangster lyrics, a way of life you ain't forced to live but have voluntarily chosen to live, which today represents a lot of the mainstream rap.

C

Copenhagen

I don't remember the names of any groups, sorry...but often I just let Viva run in the background...they probably don't play the real German underground stuff but there are quite a few of the tracks that I hear on there that I like...

HaZwaiOh

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
you got viva in denmark? i have to admit that i don´t know any danish groups. i have the faderheadz mixtape. on one side it features dj hype from germany and on the other one its static from denmark. this guy rocks and I actually almost like this side better, but apart from that danish rap music is unknown to me. (looptroop is from sweden, right?)

C

Copenhagen

Yes, Looptroop is Swedish. Static is of course Danish, Dj Noise (94 & 95 DMC world champion) is Danish, Boulevard Connection who produced the "Claimin Respect" with Last Emperor, Rasheed and Evidence are Danish, Madness4Real who produced for Ice Cube, WC & The Madd Circle, Shadz of Lingo, Black Eyed Peas, Dre and Knocksta, Eazy-E etc are Danish and on the R&B side we have Soulshock & Karlinn and Cutfather & Joe who produce(d) for ladies like Brandy, Monica, TLC, Whitney, Craig David, Mis-Teeq etc and of course Soulshock started of with producing for Tupac, who oddly enough was Soulshock's roadie when he Dj'ed for Queen Latifah, Jungle Brothers etc on the Native Tongue's Tour back in I think 88. Just a little info about Denmark... :)

Yeah, we have Viva, MTV and VH-1...but Viva is best...apart from the Dance hours and soft Pop...but which music channel hasn't got that.

Helios

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah Curse... he's a dope rapper.
You didn't mention Kool Savas and Eko! Man they were dissin Mc Rene. And they the hottest rappers in the german charts right now. Eko will be one of the best german rhyme style kings till the end of time. He bought rhymin to another level, with his new double rhyme style and mad wordplays...
Like : freestylecontest ... du nicht zum freestyle konntest...

Blumentopf have lame beats, no real rhyme skillz. Some birkenstock muesli-eaters hehe. Last summer we was makin jokes all day everyday about that rapper Hollunder, namin hisself after a tree. lol

Savage is also against those rapper who are talkin about bein at home, eatin a pizza...
I think people that haven't lived shit shouldn't touch that damn mic...

HaZwaiOh

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
wow, i think we have completely different opinions.
i just can´t stand groups who just come into the game and start dissing other groups before having started anything by themselves so far.
Blumentopf has their own style, they talk about their life, tell stories and by the way, their beats are awesome there are so many funk and soul vibes in there. I think it´s them taking rap to another level. I can relate to their lyrics. Whilst others still talk about their realness and rap about bitches, they have pretty good lyrics and have wicked ideas for topics.
To sum it up I think you have a different background than me.
I am not into that whole gangster shit. I think I care too much for the lyrics to be just satisfied by hearing some nice flowing dude.
It is easy to get airplay by dissing established groups (lots of 50 Cent disses out there right now), but if all those "fags" would not rap any more, I doubt it that they would be able to write any lyrics.
<I think people that haven't lived shit shouldn't touch that damn mic...>
Pardon me, to me hiphop was, is and always will be about showing and allowing diversity. I can only speak for myself and my buddies, but we don´t hold guns, sell crack or try to hook up with whores. What we do though is hang out together (sometimes we are even being at home and sometimes we eat pizza), make music and live our lives. If someone else from the same country as me is doing the same shit and can put into an interesting story and flow nicely that is cool with me since I can relate to it. If I hear ghetto stories, I can listen to it, but the only pump I ever held (and probably will) in my life was deer hunting in the US. Speaking about the US (where I was an exchange student for one year). people over there loved Blumentopf (they had just dropped their 2nd album back then).
To me music is about reality and not some kind of life I would like to life.
just my opinion, let´s leave it like this. I respect your opinion, but i had to contradict, since i cannot let someone talk about it.

oh and rhyming "freestylecontest" on "zum freestyle konntest" ain´t really a rhyme that is wort mentioning for proving some rapper´s skills, since I don´t see a double rhyme in there. He´s using the word freestyle twice...

C

Copenhagen

Yeah, the production is nice. It's funny, the EP they sent out with that track on it was called "Sut min pik"...which means suck my dick...I can only imagine how American Hip-Hoppers, not knowing it, have been asking the store clerks at the music stores for "suck my dick"...

Helios

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah but it's a new style
Months ago I saw Kool Savas ,Eko and Illmatic on mtv with this rhymes.

lol and when I was 10 years old I liked that track fettes brot - nordisch by nature hehehe
Fettes brot are really lames. But its also a shame to mention them talkin about hip-hop.
I don't like blumentopf lyrics and what they are talkin about. But I know that they are real hiphop activists.

Massiven Töne aren't nice mc's but they got nice beats.

Barock

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Bushido is quiet nice, but I like Blumentopf a lot more... See, they are middle-class guys, so they talk about middle-class live while bushido and his crew are more "gettho" (as far as there re Getthos in Germany...)... so they talk about their live the both keep it real, because the represent what they are...

Helios

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yeah thatz really the point... and I don't like middle class hip-hop. But anyway most of them are still keepin it real. I prefere listening to blumentopf than to nelly.

C

Copenhagen

I translate your ditto's as a sign that everything has been said. :)
Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online