Busta Rhyme breakin down how it really works....

krysolite

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
don't u think that everyone has the ability to create music? without letting people try and see if it's them or not, how can u bring it out in some people. i bet in the distant future, a majority of GOOD artists/producers are gona have their start up just as we are. before, making beats was limited to people who purchased hardware, and not alot of beginners are gona invest in that right away. esp if they can't see if they're creative/skilled enough to make good music. or some shit like that. ya its populating the world with many shit artist/producers, but at the same time it's creating a chance for everyone to make music. i had this thought where i would teach everyone i know, to use reason and maybe cop a keyboard so they can make beats. one year later, some of them are bound to be coming up with some sic shit. the rest will probably lose interest.

anyone feel me>?

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
don't u think that everyone has the ability to create music? without letting people try and see if it's them or not, how can u bring it out in some people. i bet in the distant future, a majority of GOOD artists/producers are gona have their start up just as we are. before, making beats was limited to people who purchased hardware, and not alot of beginners are gona invest in that right away. esp if they can't see if they're creative/skilled enough to make good music. or some shit like that. ya its populating the world with many shit artist/producers, but at the same time it's creating a chance for everyone to make music. i had this thought where i would teach everyone i know, to use reason and maybe cop a keyboard so they can make beats. one year later, some of them are bound to be coming up with some sic shit. the rest will probably lose interest.

anyone feel me>?

Agreed. I think that yes there are a bunch of shitty music makers out right now on the internet blah blah blah. But thats where the filtering takes place. Music is a learing curve for people who carry no natural talent. So for people starting out that suck they are going to get bashed with the rest of them, but if they carry the drive to be great and continue to learn they will be the ones to surpass our current greats in the game.

If its music its music. If its shit its shit..either give up or work harder.

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
Agreed. I think that yes there are a bunch of shitty music makers out right now on the internet blah blah blah. But thats where the filtering takes place. Music is a learing curve for people who carry no natural talent. So for people starting out that suck they are going to get bashed with the rest of them, but if they carry the drive to be great and continue to learn they will be the ones to surpass our current greats in the game.

If its music its music. If its shit its shit..either give up or work harder.

Co-sign.

BUSTA
Busta Rhymes is frustrated for many reasons. As a lyricist he's talented but played out and he can't produce a song to save his life. He's not getting royalty points from there. From a strict rapper's point of view, the only bread he makes is at live shows or getting a couple points for writing the lyrics to a song.

DEMOCRACY OF TECHNOLOGY - BUDGETS WERE THE CASTE SYSTEM
The democracy of technology enabled a lot of wannabes to think they can make songs or be a producer. They're filtered out quite easily when they try to take it to the next level... so that's not the problem. Technology can't replace songwriting talent or vocal talent (feel free to throw an Auto-Tune slug at me here.) The statement is true, though.

Music and entertainment is viewed as an "easy way to riches" by many people, so there's a lot of competition. This competition keeps people like Busta Rhymes on their toes. He was a person who - before the technological democratization of music in the late 90's - enjoyed the rarified air of having a budget enabling him to pay $200 an hour at a studio with a Neve board the size of my pool.

The budget was the "glass ceiling" of musical creativity back in the day.

Other people that possessed similar creativity to him were shut out, not because of a lack of talent - but because of a lack of budget. The things we take for granted now, like simple compression plugins - used to cost thousands of dollars in the analogue world.

How many kids that own a copy of Fruity Loops really know that they have a heck of a lot more power in that one program than a cat trying to make a track on an old AKAI sampler. He'd also have to book expensive studio time back in the day to cut simple vox tracks "really quick".

Don't think people forgot.

EMBRACE THE TECH
People like T-Pain embrace the new technology and write songs on their laptop during a tour. Busta should quit compalining and write a decent song. I'm looking at his catalogue and he rarely has actual production credit.

Hell, Asher Rock has had more chart success in recent years than Busta has.

TALENT SHOWS THROUGH
There's more competition, but it also gives people with enough talent the ability to make a pretty close to studio ready demos when they start shopping their musical projects around L.A., NYC or wherever they may be.

Managing to get past the "clique-system" within the music industry is a greater monster to true creativity than technology. If you don't know what this is... you will when you try to get in the biz.