Buying samples cd's on ebay

stanman

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Has anyone here ever bought samples on ebay and got burnned or know a hot source for hot samples........that is if you wish to share da info.

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Has anyone here ever bought samples on ebay and got burnned or know a hot source for hot samples........that is if you wish to share da info.

you mean buy like drum samples and shit.. . i bought a sample disk and wasnt to happy with it, which was expected. i mean your buying somthing that you hope is good you dont know if it is..

i didnt care for my experience in buying it.

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
motion studios, bangin beats, and forat are your best bets, don't mess with ebay for that.

ill o.g.
I wouldn't suggest Ebay either. If you search on the internet by googling, checking beatmaker/producer/Hip Hop forums search engines you'll amass quite a collection of good quality kits and loops. Chop break beats for good gritty drums. I like to call it Idigging(internet digging). That is all I did at first when I started out. Now, I'm D.I.T.C. whenever possible, and still Idigging.

Reyne

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 22
Is everyone too lazy to sample their own shit? its cool to use samples on those cds as long as you find a new way to flip it. But half the fun in making beats comes from the search for rare breaks and samples. Also by sampling your own stuff you develop a unique sound that will help identify you as a producer. Just a thought....

Deadbeat

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Host makes a good point, although I assumed you were referring specifically towards DRUM sample CDs/Kits. If you're wanting to buy Sample CDs that have instrument loops, etc etc you'll find that it's a lot more fun for most producers to search out their own melodic samples. Unless, like he said, you really intend to flip it until it's a whole new sound. You just don't want other producers saying "I recognize that sample from a Big Fish Audio CD" to every other beat you make

In regards to purchasing drum sounds though, I've had one bad experience on eBay and that was enough for me. I will second www.gotchanoddin.com, after tweaking their drums to my liking I haven't stopped using them.

But at the end of the day you're still going to want to sample your own drums from your own records/.flac /whatever just to layer on the drums you purchased. At least I do.

ebay = bad
gotchanoddin.com = good

Also, check your local bookstore for Computer Music Magazine ... every month they include a DVD with various content but amongst that content there is ALWAYS a couple hundred drum samples. I've only got three Computer Music Magazine DVDs and that landed me over 1.3gigs of worthwhile drums.

Blunt

ill o.g.
I've never bought any samples on ebay, but I took a look at them and they all look like trash to be honest. I'm sure you could find a lot better quality drum sounds with your money though, just search a little deeper.

KidWork

ill o.g.
Is everyone too lazy to sample their own shit? its cool to use samples on those cds as long as you find a new way to flip it. But half the fun in making beats comes from the search for rare breaks and samples. Also by sampling your own stuff you develop a unique sound that will help identify you as a producer. Just a thought....

Dude....I understand it might be fun to dig if thats your thing...For me im a musician, I normaly compose my songs from scratch rarely ever sample, so in the time i spend digging for high quality drum samples....i could have made a banger or two....Its all about your style...dont hate on peeps cuz they got somethin off a sample disc....by the way if your familiar with that Ne-Yo song "So Sick Of Love Songs"....that snare/clap/woodblock thing is definatly str8 off a sample disc....that song was a smash hit.... so dont hate!!

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83

Bra I spent like years doin that and still didnt have all the ready already sounds that I got at gotchanoddin.
Blunt604 what format would you be sending them in?
I got the mpc2500 that I would be using..

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
I would never buy any of those drum sample CDs. I did before and I can make my own better or just as good for less money. It's just not worth it to me. I would rather spend the money on old records and maybe some quality sample CDs of old records and what-not.

robb_lowe

Akai Till I Die...
ill o.g.
A lot of those cats sample drums off of a keyboard and turn around and call it "dre drums" or "kanye drums", etc. My man got hit in the head. When he got the disk, all the drums were from the "motif". (Rip off) Luckily he only paid like fourteen bucks in all. I mean think about it, if they were "dre drums", would they be selling them for 9.99? I'm saying...

DJ Xsinna

The Big Bang-BINO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 43
Well, I bought one of those 9.99 dollar Drum Library CDs from a source on EBAY and it turned out to straight FIRE. In fact, I've bought several from this source and I have not been disappointed yet. Yes, some sounds sound the same but mostly, the sounds are raw crisp and bangin. I bought a so-called Pete Rock Drum CD and it SUCKED!!! I still sample my stuff but as a DJ and beat maker, I take advantage of every available source to get the sounds and samples I want. Whether it be form old records to "Dusty Fingers" to drum sample CDs. I think it's a big waste of time to search many records stores for one break from a song when that same break is available on and breakbeat record or CD or whatever just for the sake of being "true" to the art. We as artists need to drop this purist atitude and just make music. And do to the best of our abilities. Be true to your gift and you can change the game.

breal

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
A lot of those cats sample drums off of a keyboard and turn around and call it "dre drums" or "kanye drums", etc. My man got hit in the head. When he got the disk, all the drums were from the "motif". (Rip off) Luckily he only paid like fourteen bucks in all. I mean think about it, if they were "dre drums", would they be selling them for 9.99? I'm saying...

Not one of these sample sites like Modern beats,p5Audio and all
the others sell kits from any producer,
They all say things like In the style of Dr.Dre.(DRE-mendous Drumz 1)
I stoped using those kits a while ago.

robb_lowe

Akai Till I Die...
ill o.g.
Not one of these sample sites like Modern beats,p5Audio and all
the others sell kits from any producer,
They all say things like In the style of Dr.Dre.(DRE-mendous Drumz 1)
I stoped using those kits a while ago.

Word, most def...nobody knows how dre or any producer got their drum sounds, so how can they turn around and tell you, "yo, we got dre drums, we got kanye drums". I urge people not to buy those disks just because you think it has dre sounds, buy them because they just have hot drum sounds. (Biting is wack)

Well, I bought one of those 9.99 dollar Drum Library CDs from a source on EBAY and it turned out to straight FIRE. In fact, I've bought several from this source and I have not been disappointed yet. Yes, some sounds sound the same but mostly, the sounds are raw crisp and bangin. I bought a so-called Pete Rock Drum CD and it SUCKED!!! I still sample my stuff but as a DJ and beat maker, I take advantage of every available source to get the sounds and samples I want. Whether it be form old records to "Dusty Fingers" to drum sample CDs. I think it's a big waste of time to search many records stores for one break from a song when that same break is available on and breakbeat record or CD or whatever just for the sake of being "true" to the art. We as artists need to drop this purist atitude and just make music. And do to the best of our abilities. Be true to your gift and you can change the game.

Yeah, you win some, you lose some. Yeah, but that "Dusty Fingers" record is the "lick" my dude. I feel you on that...

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
Word, most def...nobody knows how dre or any producer got their drum sounds, so how can they turn around and tell you, "yo, we got dre drums, we got kanye drums". I urge people not to buy those disks just because you think it has dre sounds, buy them because they just have hot drum sounds. (Biting is wack)

Agreed, most sites have no idea where these guys drums originate from. There are people that know couple of them actually have tutorial sites but most of them are not willing to share such sounds.

I've been in studios with a few cats that have traded sounds with Aftermath camp producers, KW etc.

When a site says Kanye West,Dre, Timbo what they mean is they have their own version/knock off version

robb_lowe

Akai Till I Die...
ill o.g.
Agreed, most sites have no idea where these guys drums originate from. There are people that know couple of them actually have tutorial sites but most of them are not willing to share such sounds.

I've been in studios with a few cats that have traded sounds with Aftermath camp producers, KW etc.

When a site says Kanye West,Dre, Timbo what they mean is they have their own version/knock off version

Yeah, because a lot of those veteran producers aren't going to share a lot of gems with other up and coming producers. Especially now that the game is oversaturated with so called producers and biters. (Sorry for getting off subject on this thread) Back on the subject, there are many ways to get drum sounds other than the internet. You can sample them which someone said that already. When there's a will there's a way. Think about it, back in the day, there were no hip hop drum sites. How do you think the pioneers did it?

dahknee

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I purchased set of 8 dvd stuffed with sounds...way too much stuff to listen to and I really wasn't that impressed. The Big Fish Audio series have some nice sounds. They are a bit pricey though.